HubSpot will display the following pages in your Page Performance report:
- Any page with the HubSpot tracking code that has at least 1 view.
- Any page that is part of your target domain (as listed in Reports > Reports Settings) that was crawled by HubSpot.
There are a few reasons for why you might see a page that is not part of your website appearing in Page Performance:
- Your internal network or browser redirects to a custom error page with the HubSpot tracking code when a valid URL cannot be reached.
- A preview or cached version of a page is loaded through a third-party service that allows the tracking code to record a view to that page.
- Your target domain, as listed in Reports Settings, was changed to a different domain and crawled by HubSpot.
Note: It is not currently possible to remove a page from the Page Performance tool. If a page from another site was accidentally crawled or received views, it will remain in the tool. If you see a large amount of pages from another website receiving daily views in Page Performance, please contact HubSpot Support.