It is recommended that you use Projects when you are:
- Looking for one place to reference for multi-channel marketing efforts.
- Planning a campaign with due dates across a team.
- Associating existing or new HubSpot assets to a campaign (e.g. landing pages, emails).
- Managing work through collaboration with a team.
- Looking to templatize repetitive work through project templates.
As outlined above, the creation, planning, organization, and management of your various initiatives, including campaigns, can be handled by the Projects tool because it has the flexibility to handle various tasks, collaboration, and integrate with the rest of HubSpot.
When it comes to the reporting of your efforts under the same roof, you can lean on the Campaigns tool. When you associate assets with a Campaign, you can see how many visits, contacts, and customers those efforts contributed to your bottom line.
So it's recommended to use Campaigns when you are:
- Looking to report on the performance of multiple assets.
- Evaluating the performance of multiple campaigns.
- Building tracking URLs for paid marketing efforts.