This can happen for a variety of reasons, all of which are listed below:
- You initially took the certification with email address "A" and then recertified on email address "B." Because of the way HubSpot handles contact records, these emails get treated as separate records.
Practicum Submission Reminder Email
- If you passed your test more than two weeks ago and your practicum has yet to be approved, you may receive an email like this.
- These messages are sent out at a specific time after you've passed your test, so if you've already submitted your practicum when you receive one, disregard it. This doesn't mean that the Academy team did not receive your practicum – this just means it's still in their grading queue for the week.
- If you receive this message and it has been more than 5 business days since your practicum was submitted, please reach out on the Community for assistance.
- You took your certification with a different email address than the one you are getting emails on.
- You had your certifications swapped. If you swap your certifications you may receive an extra email.
The reason behind this is that HubSpot deduplicates contacts based on email address. This means if you are logged in with a different email address, some of the automation will get triggered based off of that email address that doesn't have the certification.
In order to fix this you can change your email preferences on the email address receiving the incorrect emails. If you want to fully unsubscribe you can do that as well. If you don't want to do either of these options, contact the support team and follow these options to have them switch your old certifications over.