HubSpot's Folium template pack is a set of templates designed to allow you to easily build a typical Inbound Marketing conversion flow. You will not need any specialized website building skills to use this pack. There are various levels of customization available, but the only thing you'll need to add is your content.
Folium contains four templates:
- Offer Email: An email template designed to kick off your campaign by giving the recipient a little info and an offer.
- Landing Page: A template with a form where a person can give their info in order to receive the item(s) from the offer email. There are also many fields for additional info and calls to further action.
- Thank You Email: An email template where you can thank a user for giving you their info and provide them with a way to retrieve the offer.
- Thank You Page: An alternative or addition to the Thank You Email. The thank you page contains more options for content than the thank you email, so it may be a good choice if you have a significant amount of additional info for this stage.
Folium is a fairly simple pack with an emphasis on concise snippets of content. It is flexible enough to accommodate just about any usage, but if you have large amounts of content you may want to consider using another template pack with a wider variety of organizational buckets. Also note that this pack contains testimonial quotes on three of its four templates.
There are essentially two methods for editing sections of these pages, each of which produce the same result. Use either or both interchangeably. Every effort has been made to give you an intuitive editing experience and a cursory awareness of each method should provide you with all the tools necessary to customize your pages.
Accessing the Module Editor via page elements
Anything you click on in the page will open the module editor to the appropriate module. This is the easiest and most intuitive way of editing page content. Simply click elements in the page preview to edit them in the module editor.
Accessing page elements through the module editor
You can also browse all the available editable modules in the module editor by clicking the box icon on the left side of the page editor. Hovering over the name of a module will highlight the content where it appears in the page. Click on the module name to edit it. Click Save and go to module list to return to the full list.
Please note that there are Options and Styles tabs for each module in the module editor. The majority of the time, you will most likely be using the Options tab to edit your content.
A note on editing styles: the Folium campaign pack comes with predefined styles. It exposes a small number of customization options, but assumes that you have chosen the pack because its style aligns with your needs. That being said, there are many opportunities to further customize pages as you edit. Caution is recommended when customizing the base style. Adding new colors, fonts, and spacing/alignment can dilute the original design and make your page appear haphazard.
Modules of note
The Folium campaign pack includes a logo at the top of each page and in the footer of each landing page. To replace the default logo with your own:
Click on the existing Folium logo to open the module editor.
Check the Override default logo for this page box, then click the pencil icon to replace the logo with your own.
Follow the instructions in the dialog box to choose or upload a new file. Remember to replace all instances of the logo for consistency.
There are a number of calls-to-action throughout the Folium campaign pack. You must customize these with your own URLs. You can customize them through the page editor or by going to Content > Calls-to-Action. Keep in mind that all CTAs are global. Edits made to a CTA will affect all instances of that CTA in all pages.
The Folium campaign pack comes with two different CTA styles. Each of them is populated with filler content. To edit them via the page editor:
Click a CTA in the page preview.
Click Add CTA in the module editor. This will bring you to a list of all your available CTAs.
Select the Folium CTA you’d like to edit and choose edit from the utility menu on the far right. Alternatively, you may want to clone this CTA if you’d like to use different settings for multiple instances of it.
On the two page templates in the Folium pack, the background image is accessible via a background image button that only appears in the page editor. In the email templates the background image is only accessible via the module editor.
To edit the background image on a landing page:
Click the Edit BG Image button that appears in the top of the section of the page.
- In the module editor, click Replace and upload or select an image of your choice. For best results, use a large image of similar dimensions to the default image (1400px x 1050px). Using an image that is too small will result in excessive pixelation. Using an image that is too large will unnecessarily bloat the size of your page and could slow load times for many users.
To edit the background images in the email templates:
Click the module editor (box) icon.
Select the Background Image module.
Click Replace and upload or select an image of your choice.
A note about images: Images are a powerful component of your pages. They can significantly contribute to the impact of your content, but they can also easily sabotage great content if they are poorly chosen and/or executed. The Folium theme contains examples of images that have been carefully chosen to work well with this design. If you decide to replace the default background image, try to choose an image that works well in the background and doesn’t detract from the rest of your content. Subdued colors, abstract subject matter, and composition that marries well to the layout are good things to consider when choosing an image for this location. More information and image resources can be found here.
Social MediaFolium contains icons for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. To add links to your accounts:
- Click on social media icons in the page editor.
- In the module editor, add your social media links to each field.
Folium contains a number of testimonial fields. To edit your testimonials:
- Click on a testimonial module in the page preview or click the module editor (box) icon to access all modules and select the testimonial module.
- Enter your quote and author into the respective fields.
- On the page templates, you'll also be able to choose whether or not you'd like to include quotation marks. Click the Show Quotation Marks box to toggle this feature on/off. Quotation marks on the Thank You email must be included in the text.