The easiest way to create a new field in both Salesforce and HubSpot is to create the field in Salesforce and have HubSpot automatically create and sync with the property in HubSpot.
- In Salesforce, create the field on the Lead, Contact, or Account object. (If you need instructions for creating a field in Salesforce, check out the first set of instructions in this article.)
- In your HubSpot account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Integrations.
- Within the Salesforce section, click Settings.
- Select Contact Field Mappings, Company Field Mappings, or Deal Field Mappings depending on which type of mapping you want to create.
- Click Add new field mapping button.
- To create a new contact property, select Create New HubSpot Property and name your HubSpot property. HubSpot will automatically match the field type and options of your Salesforce field.
- Alternatively, you can select Choose Existing HubSpot Property to map with your Salesforce field.
- Choose an update rule for how data will move between HubSpot and Salesforce. (To learn more about these update rules, check out this article.)
- Click Save Mapping.