When a HubSpot property and a Salesforce field are mapped together but have different data types (i.e. the HubSpot property is a dropdown type and the Salesforce field is a currency type), data between the two may not sync.
To fix this, you will need to change the type in one of the platforms to mirror the field that it is mapped to.
- Navigate to Account Menu (to the left of your Hub ID) > Integrations > Salesforce Settings > Contacts Field Mappings.
- The mapping will be highlighted to indicate an error.
- Click the information icon to see the data types of the HubSpot property and the Salesforce field.
- You'll now need to change the field type in one system or the other to resolve the mismatch. Here are the HubSpot property types and their matching field types in Salesforce, as well as the corresponding API field type names.
|HubSpot property type||Salesforce field type||API Names|
|dropdown/radio button select||
|multiple checkboxes||picklist (multi-select)||enumeration|
|single-line text||text area||string|
|multi-line text||text area (long)||string|
|date picker||date, date/time||date|
- If you'd like to change the property type within HubSpot, navigate to Contacts > Contacts Settings, then click the gear icon to the right of the property and select Edit to select a different field type. To change the field type in Salesforce, navigate to Customize (under Build in the left sidebar) > Contacts or Leads > Fields, then click Edit to the left of the field.
- Once the changes have been made in either system, you can resync your contacts by clicking the Retry syncing contacts button within HubSpot.