Follow the instructions below to map the HubSpot Lifecycle stage property to Salesforce.
- Navigate to Setup > Customize. Select either Leads or Contacts and then click Fields.
- Click New in the Custom Fields & Relationships section.
- Choose the field type of Picklist and click Next.
- Enter a field label (what you want the field to be named) on your layout - we suggest HubSpot Lifecycle Stage.
- Enter the values for the Lifecycle stage property. These must match the HubSpot labels, so we recommend copying/pasting the values below:
Marketing Qualified Lead
Sales Qualified Lead
- Fill out any other information you want associated with this field, and click Next.
- Choose the Salesforce profiles that can see this field. In most cases, you will want all profiles to be able to see this field. Click Next.
- Make sure to include the field in the appropriate page layouts.
- Click Save to finish creating the Salesforce field.
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account or in your Sales Professional account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Integrations.
- Under the Your integrations tab, locate Salesforce and then click Settings to the right of it.
- Scroll to the Sync Settings section. Within the CRM Objects table, click Manage mappings in the Contacts row.
- Select Add new field mapping.
- Choose the existing HubSpot property Lifecycle stage and the Salesforce field that was just created.
- You should allow HubSpot to pass updates Always so that updated lifecycle stages will be able to sync to Salesforce.
- HubSpot automatically assigns the lifecycle stage of Lead to any lead or contact that syncs from Salesforce; Opportunity to any contact associated with an opportunity; and Customer to any contact associated with a closed/won opportunity.
- Salesforce cannot rollback the lifecycle stage (e.g., Customer to Lead) in HubSpot - to do this, you must manually make the change in HubSpot.