To map the Persona property to Salesforce, you will first need to create a new custom picklist field in Salesforce, then return to HubSpot to establish a new contact field mapping.
1. Create field in Salesforce
- In Salesforce, navigate to Setup > Customize > Leads/Contacts > Fields.
- Click New in the Custom Fields & Relationships section.
- Choose the Picklist field type.
- Enter a label (we recommend Persona).
- Enter the picklist values to match each of the Persona labels. These values must match the internal values of the options for the HubSpot Persona property. To find these values in HubSpot:
- Navigate to Contacts > Contacts Settings.
- Seach or browse for Persona and click the property name.
- Scroll down to the Dropdown options section to see the options for the property. We highly recommend copying and pasting each internal value from HubSpot to the picklist options in Salesforce.
- Click Next within Salesforce once you've set your picklist options.
- Choose the Salesforce profiles that can see this field. In most cases, you will want all profiles to be able to see this field. Click Next.
- Add the field to the appropriate page layouts. Click Next.
- Click Save to finish creating the Salesforce field.
2. Create a new contact field mapping in HubSpot
- Navigate to Account Menu > Integrations.
- Click Settings in the Salesforce section.
- Select Contact Field Mappings in the left sidebar menu.
- Click Add new field mapping.
- Choose the existing HubSpot Persona property and the newly created Salesforce field.
- Select the Use most recent value update rule to make sure that updates in HubSpot to this property will sync to Salesforce.
- Click Save Mapping.
You can learn more about creating field mappings here.