Find answers and general information quickly about the HubSpot-Salesforce integration.
For quick answers about version 3.0 of the connector package, refer to this article: HubSpot-Salesforce Connector Package v3.0 | Frequently Asked Questions.
- Does the HubSpot-Salesforce integration support Salesforce Government Cloud?
- Does the HubSpot-Salesforce integration support Salesforce Group Edition?
- Can I integrate multiple HubSpot accounts with one Salesforce environment?
- Why doesn't the Lifecycle stage property appear in Salesforce?
- Does email opt-out status sync between HubSpot and Salesforce?
Yes, the HubSpot-Salesforce integration supports and can connect to Salesforce Government Cloud.
No, the HubSpot-Salesforce integration does not support Salesforce Group Edition. The integration supports Salesforce editions with API access and Salesforce Professional.
If your HubSpot-Salesforce connector is version 2.60 or above, you can integrate two HubSpot accounts with one Salesforce environment. If you already have one HubSpot account integrated with your Salesforce environment, you can take the same steps to install the Salesforce integration in your second HubSpot account.
Please note: for the Creating contacts in HubSpot setting for Salesforce leads and contacts, it's recommended to select Don't automatically create HubSpot contacts. If either of the other options are selected, contacts or leads created in Salesforce in one HubSpot account may be created in the other HubSpot account.
All HubSpot contacts will sync to Salesforce by default. However, if you create an inclusion list in HubSpot, only contacts that meet the criteria of your inclusion list will sync to Salesforce.
On June 22, 2017, default inclusion lists were created for all Salesforce-integrated HubSpot accounts which did not have an inclusion list. The list is named Salesforce inclusion list (default), and includes all contacts, except those with a Lifecycle stage of Subscriber. HubSpot accounts created or integrated with Salesforce after June 22, 2017 will not have an inclusion list by default, and all contacts will sync to Salesforce.
Every time a contact opens or clicks a marketing email sent from your HubSpot account, HubSpot deduplicates each type of activity on the object record timeline. If you have set up these email activities to sync to Salesforce, the corresponding Salesforce tasks are created via HubSpot's Email Events API, which does not deduplicate activities.
- If a contact opens or clicks a marketing email multiple times, multiple Salesforce tasks will be created.
- If a contact forwards a marketing email to another recipient, any subsequent email opens and clicks will be attributed to the original contact, and more Salesforce tasks will be created.
Lifecycle stage is a default HubSpot contact property that does not exist in Salesforce. To sync lifecycle stage data to Salesforce, create a custom field in Salesforce, then create a field mapping in HubSpot.
Yes. When the HubSpot-Salesforce integration is installed, a standard field mapping is automatically created that syncs the HubSpot contact property Opted out of all email and the Salesforce lead/contact field Email Opt Out. This field mapping cannot be modified or deleted in compliance with CAN-SPAM laws.
- When a contact is opted out of email communication in your HubSpot account, or the Email Opt Out checkbox is selected on their Salesforce lead or contact record, the other system will be updated.
- If a contact is already opted out of email communication in your HubSpot account, clearing the Email Opt Out checkbox on their Salesforce lead or contact record will not resubscribe them to email communication. They must take action themselves in order to receive marketing emails sent from your HubSpot account again.
- If a contact is not currently syncing between HubSpot and Salesforce (e.g., they are not in your Salesforce inclusion list, if there is one set up), the email opt-out status will not pass from either system until the first time the contact syncs.
HubSpot identifies Salesforce Standard, PowerPartner, Guest, and Queue users as Salesforce owners when:
- They are imported into HubSpot from Salesforce.
- The Salesforce user owns a lead, contact, account, or opportunity record that syncs to HubSpot.
By default, the Owner ID field on a Salesforce lead, contact, account, or opportunity record will sync to the HubSpot Contact/company/deal owner property.
Any Salesforce owner can sync to HubSpot, but only owners in HubSpot that match an active Salesforce user's name and email address will sync to Salesforce. If HubSpot attempts to sync an owner that doesn't exist in Salesforce, the Owner ID field will reset to the last value from Salesforce.
Learn more about how Salesforce owners are assigned to HubSpot contacts, companies, or deals that sync to Salesforce.