Unlike all other standard and custom contact field mappings in HubSpot, the standard Email field mapping has limited options for determining when HubSpot is allowed to update the field value in Salesforce.
The two options for deciding when HubSpot may update the corresponding Salesforce field value are:
- Use most recent value, I want the most recent data from either system to populate that field
- Use Salesforce value unless blank, if Salesforce already has the data, leave it untouched
To manage your contact field mappings:
- In your HubSpot account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Integrations.
- Select your Salesforce Settings, and then from the left-side menu select Contact Field Mappings.
- Click the gear on the Email mapping and select Edit.
- Choose your setting and click Save Mapping.
Like all standard mappings, the default selection is the unless blank option. For example, if a brand new contact was created in HubSpot, then synced to Salesforce to create a new lead record, HubSpot would be allowed to set the Email field value in Salesforce. If the value of the Email property changed in HubSpot, according to this setting, the new value would not sync to Salesforce as a value was already present.
The other option for using the most recent value will allow HubSpot to always update the Email field value in Salesforce even if there was a value already present.
The other options are disabled as they may cause an invalid email address to remain in HubSpot or Salesforce causing email deliverability issues.