- Each Salesforce organization has a limited number of API calls per 24 hour period.
- You can find this limit by navigating in Salesforce to Your Name > Setup > System Overview. The total number of API calls in your Salesforce organization is a function of what product you're using (Professional, Enterprise, or Unlimited Edition), how many licenses you have, and whether you are paying Salesforce for additional API call usage above your normal limits.
- When information passes between Salesforce and apps outside of Salesforce, like HubSpot's connector, API calls are used.
- If the maximum number of API calls in Salesforce are used, all integrations, including HubSpot, will stop working until calls are available.
- Any contact that is related to a Sync Error will be automatically resynced every 30 minutes. These automatic retries will not register after a certain amount of API calls have been used. If an API call limit has been specified, the automatic retries will not be attempted if you have used more than 75% of your API call limit. If you have not specified an API call limit, we will no longer automatically retry erroring contacts after 5,000 API calls have been used in 24 hours.
- To get a general idea of what you should set your API call limit to for the HubSpot integration, check out the "API Usage Last 7 Days" report in Salesforce's Administrative Reports folder.
Last updated: December 7, 2015