With Salesforce in the process of rolling out Winter '15 to their customers, there is an important update that pertains to any integrated customer that is using HubSpot to create activities in Salesforce.
To check if you're creating a task in Salesforce, navigate to your Timeline sync section:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account or in your Sales Professional account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Integrations.
- Under the Your integrations tab, locate Salesforce and then click Settings to the right of it.
- Select the Timeline sync tab at the top of the screen.
- Under this tab, you'll see marketing and sales activities such as form submissions, email interactions, and meetings. If any of the checkboxes beside these options are checked, then you're creating the corresponding task specified in your Salesforce account. You may also create Salesforce tasks via HubSpot workflows.
If you would like to keep creating tasks without sending a notification each time, there are two options that can be taken in Salesforce:
- Undo the setting that was enabled with Winter '15 and return to the settings before the release:
- In your Salesforce account, navigate to Setup > Customize and click on Activities.
- Select Activities Settings and disable the Enable user control over task assignment notifications checkbox.
- If you would like to keep the new setting, you can allow each user to customize their individual activity settings:
- In Salesforce, have each user click their username in the top right-hand corner next to Setup.
- Click on My Settings and select Calendars & Reminders.
- Click Activity Reminders and deselect the checkbox beside Email me when someone assigns me a task.
To find more information on these changes, please refer to the Salesforce release notes here.