Fields from the lead, contact, account, and opportunity objects in Salesforce can be use to segment contacts using HubSpot lists after integrating HubSpot and Salesforce. If you do not see your field as an option in the list tool it is likely due to one of the following reasons:
- Custom fields require additional mappings. You can sync custom lead, contact and account fields, but these fields will not be mapped automatically. For additional information on adding field mappings, please see How do I create or edit a new Salesforce field mapping?
- Account fields sync to company properties. Fields on the Salesforce account object do not sync to HubSpot contact properties, so make sure the first drop down in the list tool is set to company properties
- Opportunity fields sync to deal properties. Fields on the Salesforce opportunity object do not sync to HubSpot contact properties, so make sure the first drop down in the list tool is set to deal properties
- Formula field sync is enabled, but only for formulas on the leads or contacts objects. Currently, formula fields on the account object are not available to be mapped.
- Fields on custom Salesforce objects are not supported. Only fields on the lead, contact, account, and opportunity objects can be used to create HubSpot lists (Note: Salesforce Campaign membership is tracked using a HubSpot contact property. Campaign membership can be used to segment contacts, but other campaign properties such as status can not). However, with formula field support, custom objects which are related to leads and contacts could sync to HubSpot, if a formula field on leads or contacts is created, and it points to the custom object.