In your Sequences Dashboard, you'll see error badges show up under the Enrolled and/or Email columns for a variety of reasons.
Listed below are the error messages, what they mean, and what you can do to resolve any errors you see.
Rate Limit Reached
- Sorry. Your template wasn’t sent because you've already exceeded your email provider's daily send limit for the day you scheduled it to send. To keep this contact in the sequence, just start again at this step.
HubSpot sets daily send limits on emails sent through Sequences so that you don't hit your email provider's limit. If a contact encounters this error in a sequence, you should re-enroll them at the following step:
- Your email provider is either having connection issues or they've failed to send your email. Please try reconnecting your inbox before you re-enroll your contact.
There are a few reasons you may see a "Permanent fail" error for a contact in a sequence. Please check your internet connection and try re-enrolling your contact at this step. Please try reconnecting your inbox, as your email provider may be preventing you from sending the sequence step to this contact. Learn more here.
- Your contact has chosen to stop receiving email from you.
If you see that a contact has an "Unsubscribed" error in a sequence, they have chosen to stop receiving emails from your account. Please contact a Marketing Administrator in your account if you have any questions regarding this. Learn more here.
- Your email bounced, probably because an email address wasn't valid.
To learn more about email bounces, check out the following articles:
- Your inbox was disconnected when you were trying to send. Please reconnect your inbox and try again.
We were unable to access your email account to send this sequence step. Please check your inbox connection, within HubSpot and your email client. Learn more here.
- That contact email address doesn't appear to be valid. Please check for typos or special characters, like ñ, ü, or á, which may not be supported.
Gmail Send Error
- When you enroll a contact into a sequence from Gmail, the first step is executed by Gmail, not the HubSpot email system. This enrollment failed because Gmail failed to send the first step. We're unable to see what caused this error, so please try again in a few minutes. Please contact Google Support if the issue persists, or use the CRM to enroll your contact.
- Sorry. Something went wrong and this contact was unenrolled from this sequence. Please start again at this step if you want your sequence to continue. If the issue persists, please contact Support.