As a marketer or sales rep, the time at which a lead is generated or a piece of content is scheduled to be published is incredibly valuable information to know. Setting a common time is vital in coordination efforts across teams and locations. However, users also want to see times and dates in a format that is familiar to them while they interact with the HubSpot application.
Below, you can find information on:
- Setting public facing time formats for your content (Marketing Basic, Professional, Enterprise)
- Setting your portal's preferred time zone
- Setting your date and time format
Public facing time formats - Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise only
One of the most important time display choices a marketer has is what time format to show viewers that come to their website and read their content. For this use case, HubSpot allows users to customize their public facing time display in content settings. This setting changes how someone viewing your blog sees what time a piece of content was published, or what time comments were made. This change can be made on a blog by blog basis for all users.
- To access this setting, navigate in HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise to Content > Content Settings.
- Select Blog > select the blog you'd like to modify the date format for.
- Scroll down to Date Formats.
- Select a Language for dates and click Custom format... to configure your Publish Date Format and Posts by Month Format.
Internal time zone coordination
In HubSpot, you can set the preferred time zone for your portal. If you are a Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise user, this sets the time zone for scheduled events like blog post publishing, social media posts, and email sends. All web analytics data will be displayed relative to the user’s chosen time zone. Learn how to set this time zone in marketing and sales portals below.
For HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, and Enterprise:
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise to Reports > Reports Settings > Time zone.
- Select your time zone from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
For reports in the HubSpot CRM:
- Navigate in HubSpot Sales to Settings.
- Select CRM Configuration from the left sidebar.
- Select a time zone.
For reports in Marketing Free or Starter:
- Navigate in Marketing Free or Starter to Settings.
- Select Configuration in the left sidebar and use the Reports time zone dropdown to select a time zone.
- Click Save changes.
Setting your date and time format
HubSpot also offers a way for individual users to change the way times, dates and numbers are formatted in the product user interface itself (for example, the formatting of date property values for your contact, company, and deal records). This can be set on a per user basis.
- Navigate in your HubSpot account to Account Menu > Profile & Preferences.
- Scroll to to Date & Number Format and use the dropdown towards the right to select your locale.