As you may know, HubSpot's Lead Scoring tool uses both behavioral and demographic data to add/deduct points into the default property HubSpot Score. This is designed for simplicity so that sales and marketing can look at the same score versus having to keep track of multiple places in order to understand how engaged a contact is. Yet sometimes you may have the need for multiple contact scores. When would you have that need?
- You have drastically different sales team that don't overlap (e.g. a partner sales VS a direct channel) and the buying behavior of contacts is completely different.
- You have completely different products so someone's likelihood to convert and buy product A doesn't have anything to do with their likelihood to convert and buy product B.
In those situations, you can create multiple lead scores by adding your custom property and using HubSpot's Workflows tool. You'd still need to identify what attributes make someone more likely to become a customer and you can do this straight in Workflows using behavioral and demographic information (properties, page views, form submissions, etc).
First, you will have to create a custom contact property.
- Navigate in HubSpot Marketing to Contacts > Contacts Settings > Click Create new property.
- Proceed to Label and Name the property. You may call is Lead Score for Product XYZ or Lead Score for Team XYZ.
- Select the Field type, Number.
- Click Save property to finish.
Now that you have created your custom Lead Score contact property, you can make use of Workflows to increment the value of such numeric property.
- Go to Contacts > Workflows > Click on New workflow.
- Name your workflow > Select the Standard type > Click on Create workflow.
- Select the appropriate enrollment criteria for your workflow. For example, you can enroll contacts whom have the value of Boston for the City contact property.
- Click on the + button to add an action to your Workflow.
- Select Add if/then branch and choose criteria that you want to use for your lead score. Click on Save.
- Under the YES branch, select Increment a numeric contact property, then select Lead Score for Product XYZ.
- Put the number of points you want to add for that custom property in the Numeric value box.
- Click on Save (You can do something similar for the No branch).
- When you're ready to activate the Workflow, toggle the switch in the upper right-hand corner to ON.
For more information on Workflows, please don't hesitate to visit our Workflows User Guide.