Yes. Using Workflows you can copy property values from contact or company enumeration properties to text properties. Enumeration properties are properties that have a defined set of options. These are your Dropdown select, Radio select, and Multiple checkboxes properties in HubSpot.
To copy an enumeration property to a text property in a workflow:
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- Create a new workflow or edit an existing workflow.
- Click the plus icon to add an action to your workflow.
- Select Copy a contact/company property value.
- In the Source contact/company property dropdown, select the original property from which you'd like to copy the value.
- In the Target property type dropdown, choose whether you'd like to copy the value to a contact or company property.
- In the Target property dropdown, select the property to which you'd like to copy the value from the source property.
- Click Save.
- Add any additional actions as necessary and click the toggle switch at the top of the page to turn your workflow on and begin enrolling contacts.
Please note: this process may work differently than expected when using a Multiple checkboxes enumeration property as the source property. Based on the way we store multiple values for enumeration properties, copying a multiple checkboxes property to a text property can have unexpected consequences. Let's look at an example:
A contact fills out a form and selects "Apple," "Cherry," and "Strawberry" for the Favorite Pie multiple checkbox form field. On the contact's record, we see the data displayed as separate values.
However, that's just how the data is displayed. For contacts with multiple options selected in multiple checkboxes properties, the data is actually stored as Apple;Cherry;Strawberry. When we copy the value from the enumeration property to a text property we've created, that's the value that will appear.
It is also important to note that this does not work the other way around; you cannot copy text properties to enumeration properties. Attempting to copy a text value that does not match a valid enumeration property value will fail because enumeration properties have a defined set of values that can be used, whereas text properties can store any value.