It is possible to set up a workflow to send your contacts an automated email on their birthday.
If you have not already, you will need to first create a custom date picker contact property for 'Birthday' to be used in the workflow.
- Navigate in your HubSpot Marketing portal to Contacts > Contacts Settings.
- In the upper-right hand corner, click Create new property.
- For the Label, type in a label such as 'Birthday'. In the Field type, be sure to select 'Date picker'. Click Save property.
- You can either import values for your contacts for their birthday or add this new field to your forms to collect values for your contacts.
- Next, navigate to Contacts > Workflows and select New workflow in the upper-right hand corner.
- Give the workflow a name. For the workflow type, be sure to select Property based and click Create workflow.
- For the workflow enrollment criteria, select Contact property, Birthday, is known. Then select Done and Save.
- For the property to center the workflow around, select your custom Birthday property and be sure to select Recur annually and Save. Selecting Recur annually will ignore the year in the birthday field to make sure contacts are scheduled to receive the email even though the date has already passed.
- Next, select when you'd like the first action to occur and click Save.
- Click the orange + icon below the delay to add an action. Select Send an email then select your existing automated email from the dropdown or click 'Create email' to create the email to send to your contacts. Click Save to save this step.
- Finally, activate your workflow using the button in the upper-left hand corner. On the next screen, you can choose to enroll the existing contacts who currently meet the enrollment criteria and review your settings. Click Turn workflow on.