You can view previous versions of your company, deal, quote, and ticket-based workflows from an event's details within the workflow's history. Each revision shows the historical enrollment triggers and actions. This allows you to see how your workflow has changed over time. It can also help you understand what may have triggered changes on objects, or why an event is appearing in your workflow history.
Please note: workflow settings such as unenrollment and suppression won't show in revision history. Revisions are read-only and can't be restored.
To view a revision of a workflow, you'll first look at an event's details in the workflow history, then expand to see the state of the entire workflow at the time of that event:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click the name of a workflow.
- Click the History tab.
- Hover over an event, then click Event details.
- The right panel will show details about the event:
- Company/Deal/Quote/Ticket: the name of the impacted object.
- Workflow revision at time of event: the version of the workflow that existed at the time of the selected event. This includes the timestamp of when the version was created, and the user that made the change.
- Action: the step of the workflow that led to the event.
- Event: the result of the action.
- Time: when the action happened. The timestamp reflects the account's default time zone.
- To see what the workflow looked like at the time of the event, click the timestamp below Workflow revision at time of event.
- On the workflow revision screen, you will see the enrollment conditions and actions set in the workflow for that version. Click the enrollment triggers and action boxes to view the details of that version. The workflow cannot be edited from this view.