By default, when you activate a workflow with a List Membership criterion, the existing contacts in the active list will not be enrolled in the workflow by default; only contacts added to the list going forward will be enrolled. However, while your workflow is inactive, you have the option to enroll contacts who already meet the starting criteria.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click the name of the workflow.
- Toggle the Workflow is ON switch in the top right corner to OFF.
- Click the enrollment criteria icon to make edits.
- Check the Enroll contacts who already meet these criteria box.
- Click Save.
- Click Review, then click Activate to reactivate the workflow.
Please note: if contacts are active in your workflow when it is deactivated, they will continue to move through the scheduled actions and delays, but no actions will execute. You can instead create a list with criteria that matches that of the workflow and manually enroll the contacts in the list, rather than deactivating the workflow.