You should create tags so that your visitors can easily view all the posts you have on specific topics. Follow these steps to brainstorm what your blog tags will be and then learn how to add them into the blog tool.
Brainstorm a list of tags
- Do user persona research to determine what types of content your target personas may be interested in
- Ask your sales team what are the most frequently asked questions in your sales process and set out to answer them on your blog.
- Answer the questions your marketing team fields most frequently.
- Write about what you wish people knew about your industry, especially if there are some commonly held myths that you can bust.
- Discuss current events in your industry that your company has a viewpoint on.
Before you add any topics to your HubSpot blog, you will want to have a general idea of the types of things that you will be blogging about. Below are some questions that users should ask themselves when thinking of different blog topics:
- What different products or services do you offer?
- What types of problems do your readers(s) have?
- What FAQs do you receive?
- What do your readers want to learn?
- What areas of knowledge does your company have unique expertise on?
Check out this blog post to learn how to generate ideas.
Navigate to the tags dashboard
In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > Blog.
In the left sidebar menu, click Tags.
Add a tag
Click the Add new tag button to create a new tag for your blog posts.
Name your tag
In the dialog box that appears, type in a name for the new tag, then click the Create tag button.
Apply your new tag to a post
Once you have created a tag, you can apply it to the post from within the Settings tab of the post editor. Begin typing the name of the tag in the Tags field, then select your tag from the dropdown menu. You can also create tags directly from the settings screen of a posts by typing a topic that does not exist and selecting Create new tag from the dropdown menu.
Revise your tags over time
Over time, you may decide to revise your tags list. HubSpot allows you to combine, rename, and delete tags as needed.
To combine tags, check the boxes next to the individual tags you'd like to group together. Then, click Combine.
In this window you'll see the tags you selected and a dropdown menu that allows you to choose the tag that you'd like to combine them under (you can select an existing topic name from the dropdown or type in a new tag name). Once you've selected the tag to which you'd like to reassign all associated posts, click Combine tags.
After a few seconds, the topics will be grouped together and any post filter modules you use on your website will be updated with the change.
Rename tagsOn the tags dashboard, hover over a tag and click Rename.
In the dialog box, type in a new name for the tag. Save the change by clicking Rename tag.
On the tags dashboard, hover over a tag and click Delete.