Analyze your campaign performance
Last updated: January 20, 2023
View the performance of a single HubSpot campaign to measure its impact on contacts, deals, and traffic to your website. You can also analyze the overall effectiveness of your campaigns in your analytics tools.
Analyze the effectiveness of your campaign with campaign attribution reports. Learn more about using campaign attribution reports.
Please note: HubSpot will only attribute asset data to a campaign after association. Campaign analytics, such as the Overview report, will not include any metrics prior to the association. However, these metrics can still display in the individual asset's data within the Performance tab.
|This metric measures the number of contacts that have engaged with assets related to a campaign.
When filtering influenced contacts by date range, do note that only net new contacts that were influenced in that date range will be included. For example, if you filter for This week, you will not see contacts that were influenced prior to this week, even if they were also influenced this week.
A contact is influenced by a campaign when any of the following conditions are met:
|This metric measures traffic to website assets related to the campaign. Sessions are attributed to a campaign when any of the following conditions are met:
New contacts (first touch)
|This metric measures the number of newly created contacts, attributed to the campaign that directed them to your website for the first time. These contacts will be attributed when any of the following conditions are met:
New contacts (last touch)
|This metric measures the number of newly created contact, attributed to the campaign that led to their conversion. These contacts will be attributed when any of the following conditions are met:
|This metric measures the number of closed won deals associated with influenced contacts.
If a deal doesn’t have a value in the Close date property, HubSpot will use the date that the Deal stage was set to Closed Won instead. If you filter this report by date range but aren’t seeing the deals that you expect, make sure that the Close date property is set correctly.
In order for a deal to appear in this report, it must meet both conditions:
|This metric measures the total revenue of closed won deals that are associated with influenced contacts. The total is from the sum of the Amount property of closed won deals. Only influenced deals will contribute to this total.|
Analyze campaign performance
To analyze a campaign's performance, begin by navigating to the campaign you want to view:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Campaigns.
- Click the name of the campaign you want to view or edit.
- In the upper left, you can filter your campaigns:
- Contact attribution: select if new contacts should be attributed to the campaign via First touch or Last touch.
- Date range: click the Date range dropdown menu to filter the data to a specific time range.
- The first report shows an overview of the campaign's performance, any campaign goals will appear under the respective performance metric. Each campaign metric has its own criteria, learn more about campaign metrics.
- Sessions: the number of sessions associated with the campaign.
- New contacts: the number of new contacts based on the attribution model you selected associated with the campaign.
- Influenced contacts: the number of unique contacts that engaged with one or more assets that are associated with the campaign. For example, they may have submitted a form to a page associated with the campaign. To view additional details, click the number. In the dialog box, you can do the following.
- To create an active list of influenced contacts, in the top right, click Use in list.
- To save the data as a report, in the top right, click Save as report.
- To view a list of influenced contacts, click the Contact tab.
- To view a list of asset types that the contacts have engaged with, click the Asset Type tab. Contacts may interact with more than one asset. As a result, the total number of unique marketing influences may be more than the number of influenced contacts.
- To view a list of assets that the contacts have engaged with, click the Asset Name tab. Contacts may interact with more than one asset. As a result, the total number of unique marketing influences may be more than the number of influenced contacts.
- Closed deals: number of closed deals associated with new or influenced contacts that are associated with the campaign.
- Influenced revenue (Marketing Hub Professional only): the total amount from closed won deals that are or have been associated with contacts that the campaign has influenced.
- The Revenue Attribution report shows an overview of the campaign's revenue attribution. This report is only available in accounts with a Marketing Hub Enterprise subscription. In the top right of the report, select an attribution model.
- Attributed revenue (Marketing Hub Enterprise only): the amount from closed won deals attributed to the campaign. You can click the amount to view the individual interactions that are related to your campaign and the closed deal revenue attributed to each interaction.
- Deals with attributed revenue: the number of associated closed-won deals.
- Contacts with attributed revenue: the number of associated contacts with closed-won deals.
Please note: not all interaction types are used for revenue attribution. For example, marketing email opens do not count toward attributed revenue, only marketing email clicks. Learn more about revenue attribution interaction types.
- The next report shows a chart of the contacts or sessions attributed to the campaign. Hover over a data point in the report to view a breakdown of metrics.
- In the top left of the chart, click the dropdown menu and select new contacts, contacts, or sessions.
- In the top right of the chart, click the Frequency dropdown menu and select daily or monthly.
- The next section shows the performance of each asset or content type associated with the campaign.
- To collapse or expand an individual report, click the name of the report.
- To collapse all the asset or content type reports, click Collapse all.
- To expand all the asset or content type reports, click Expand all.
- The metrics in each report vary depending on the asset or content type. To view more detailed performance information, click the name of an asset or piece of content.
- The Traffic section shows traffic to URLs containing the UTM campaign parameter in terms of views, visitors, and new contacts, broken down by source.
- To view paid search traffic further broken down by search term, click Paid search.
- To view organic social traffic further broken down by platform, click Organic social.
- To view other campaigns traffic further broken down by source and medium, click Other campaigns.
Compare individual campaign performance
After you've published several campaigns in HubSpot, you can compare performance data between specific campaigns to see which ones drive the most engagement.
To compare your campaigns:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Campaigns.
- In the top right, click Compare campaigns.
- Click each Campaign dropdown menu, then search for and select a campaign that you want to analyze.
- Click Add campaign to include an additional campaign to compare side-by-side with your original two posts. You can compare up to five campaigns at a time. Scroll down to compare performance data for the assets included in the campaigns. For example, you can compare the marketing email click data between two campaigns.
- To filter the campaign data by date, click the Date range dropdown menu and select a preset date range or select Custom date range to set your own.
Thank you for your feedback, it means a lot to us.
Associate assets and content with a campaign
Learn how to associate content assets with specific campaigns from their respective tools. You can also...Knowledge Base
Use the collaboration sidebar
Use the collaboration sidebar to work with your team on different HubSpot assets. In the collaboration...Knowledge Base
Add comments to your HubSpot assets
Add comments to your HubSpot assets to collaborate with your team and ask for feedback. Use the collaboration...Knowledge Base