You can manually upload files and attach them to your contact, company, deal, ticket, and custom object records to provide helpful context.
Attachments are added as notes on records, so users must have the correct view notes permissions to view attachments. Users with view note permissions set to Everything can view all attachments, users set to Team Only can view attachments uploaded by users on their team, and users set to Owned only can view only the attachments they've uploaded.
Please note: when you send one-to-one emails in HubSpot or log an email using HubSpot Sales, any non-inline attached files will automatically be added to the Attachments section of the record. Non-inline attached files included in logged replies will also be added to the Attachments section of the record.
- Navigate to your records:
- Contacts: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Companies: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Companies.
- Deals: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Deals.
- Tickets: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Service > Tickets.
- Custom objects: In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > [Custom object]. If your account has more than one custom object, hover over Custom Objects, then select the custom object you want to view.
- Click the name of the record.
- In the right panel, scroll down to the Attachments section.
- To add an attachment, click Add, then select:
- Upload new: add a new file from your computer.
- Choose existing: select an existing file in your HubSpot account. In the right panel, click the name of the file you want to attach.
- To remove an attachment, click the X on the right of the attachment. In the dialog box:
- To remove the file and delete it from your HubSpot account, select the Permanently delete this file checkbox. If you want to remove the attachment but don't want to delete the file, leave the checkbox clear.
- Click Remove to confirm.