Log a call, email, or meeting on desktop
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to your contacts, companies, deals, or tickets.
- Click the name of the record.
- In the left panel, click the Log icon add and select an activity type. You can choose to log a call, email, or meeting.
- When logging a call, click the Call outcome dropdown menu to categorize the call's outcome and click the Type dropdown menu to categorize the call's goal. Learn how to create call types.
- When logging a meeting, click Attendees dropdown menu to add another person to the meeting then click the Type dropdown menu to categorize the meeting's goal. Learn how to create meeting types.
- To update the date and time of the activity, click the Date and Time dropdown menus.
- In the toolbar at the bottom, click the icons to format your text or insert a snippet, link, or image.
- The activity will appear on the timeline of the records shown in the Associated with dropdown menu. Click the Associated with dropdown menu to search and select records you'd like to associate with the activity, or deselect records to dissociate them from the activity.
- When you're done, click Log activity. The activity will now appear in the record's timeline.
Log notes, activities, or tasks in the HubSpot mobile app
- Open the HubSpot app on your device.
- In the bottom navigation menu, tap Contacts.
- To log a note, activity or task on a contact record, tap the name of a contact. To log a note, activity, or task on a company record, tap the Companies tab, then tap the name of a company.
- In the Timeline tab, tap Add note, activity, or task.
- Enter the details for your note, activity, or task, and then tap Save. The note, activity, or task will now appear in the record's timeline.