Below you'll find steps for changing advanced menu module options on a template.
Learn how to set up your advanced menu items or set up a simple menu module.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to landing pages or website pages.
- Hover over the page with the advanced menu you'd like to update, then click Edit.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Advanced options.
- Under Template, click the name of your template. If the template is being used by other live pages, you'll need to choose to edit this layout anyway or make a copy instead.
- Click the advanced menu module to access the module's options in the inspector pane on the right. If you don't see the advanced menu module on your template, it's likely part of a header or footer global group:
- Click the global group globalGroup tto select it.
- In the inspector pane on the right, click More > Edit global group. You'll be brought to a new tab in the design manager where you can make changes to individual modules in your global group.
- Click the Advanced menu module.
Please note: if your global group is used in multiple templates, changes made here will apply to all of them.
- In the inspector pane on the right, scroll down to the Default Content section and make changes to your advanced menu module as needed.
- Menu: use this dropdown menu to select the advanced menu that will be used in this module. If you need to make edits to the items in your menu, you can edit your menu in your settings.
- Advanced menu type: use this dropdown menu to customize which portion of your advanced menu will be displayed. You can choose to use a static menu, a menu that is dynamic by section, a menu that is dynamic by page, or a breadcrumb path menu.
- Max levels: use this dropdown menu to set a maximum number of menu tree children that can be expanded in the menu.
- Orientation: use this dropdown menu to determine if your menu will appear horizontally or vertically.
- Enable flyouts: toggle this switch on or off to determine if child menu items will appear when you hover over the parent item. If this is turned off, child menu items will always appear by default.
- Click Publish changes to take the changes to your advanced menu module live.
If you'd like to make changes to the menu being used in your advanced menu module, you can edit your menu in your settings.