If you created or drafted a marketing email using the classic email editor, you can convert it into a drag and drop email template, which will allow you to use the updated drag and drop email editor experience.
Convert a classic email into a drag and drop email template
To convert a classic email into a drag and drop email template:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Email.
- Hover over the email you'd like to convert to a drag and drop template, then click Edit.
- In the left sidebar, click the Design tab.
- Click the Actions dropdown menu, then select Convert to drag and drop.
- In the dialog box, click Convert to drag and drop.
- If the classic email you're converting relies heavily on custom modules, you may notice a few discrepancies in the resulting drag and drop email template. For example, a logo module in a classic email will become an image module, and a main email body module will become a rich text module.
- Any locked modules or global groups in the converted email must be edited on the template level in the design manager.
Revert back to using the classic email editor
If you converted an email to a drag and drop email template and you want to revert back to using the classic editor:
- In the upper left of the drag and drop email editor, next to the Exit button, click No unsaved changes, or Last Saved. In the tooltip, click version history.
- In the left sidebar, click the most recent version labelled This version is using a custom template.
- In the top right, click Restore and publish this version.