Add a document
You are able to add a document to the documents library from the following sources:
- A local file
- Google Drive
To add a new document to your documents library:
- In your Sales account, navigate to Sales Tools > Documents.
- Click the Create New dropdown menu, and select the import source for your file in the Import From section.
- Walk through the import process.
- After the import is complete, the document can be located in your documents dashboard.
Please note: as documents are publicly shared, please do not use the documents tool to send sensitive or confidential information.
Manage documentsOnce you have uploaded your document to HubSpot, hover over your document and click the gear icon to access additional options. Use these options to preview what your document looks like, edit or rename your deck, download a copy of your document, share your document, or delete your document.
Share a document
When sharing a document, HubSpot Sales will automatically apply tracking. You will be able to see if/when your prospect views the document. You can also require recipients to input their email address prior to viewing the content. There are three different ways that you can share documents:
- From the documents dashboard
- Within Gmail
- Within Outlook
- In sales Templates
Share from the documents dashboard
On the documents dashboard:
- Hover over the document you would like to share.
- Click Share.
- You will be asked to enter your recipient's email address.
- If you would like to require all document viewers to enter their email address, check the Require an email address from all other viewers box.
- Next, select Continue.
- You will be shown a preview of the email. Customize this message as you see fit, then click Share.
Share from Gmail
Within Gmail using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension:
- Compose a new email and add your recipient.
- Within the top of the email compose window, select Documents.
- You will be presented with a modal box, where you can select your document by name.
- After selecting a document, click the checkbox labeled Require email to view document if you would like to require recipients to input an email address before viewing the document.
- Finally, select Insert.
- The document will be added as a hyperlink into your email.
Share from Outlook
Within Outlook using the HubSpot Sales Outlook plugin on desktop for Windows:
- Compose a new email within Outlook and add a recipient.
- Within the HubSpot Sales section of the message toolbar, click Documents.
- Choose one of your Recent Documents or select All Documents to browse through all of your documents.
- Click to select your document, then click Insert.
With Outlook using the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in:
- Compose a new email in your Outlook account and add a recipient.
- Click the HubSpot Sales sprocket icon.
- Select Documents from the right sidebar menu. Select your document to insert into your email.
Share from an email template
HubSpot Sales documents can be added directly into any of your templates.
- Within your Sales account, navigate to Sales Tools > Templates.
- Edit or create a new template.
- Within the template editor, select the Document dropdown menu.
- You will be presented with a modal box where you can select a document by name.
- You can also decide what the hyperlink display text should be and whether or not recipients need to input their email address to view the content.
- Finally, select Insert to add a link to the document
You can review data about your documents in two ways. First, you'll receive instant, real-time notifications when your document is viewed. These views will appear on your activity stream, as well as on the contact record of the recipient.
Next, you can view content performance data from your documents dashboard. You can get data on all content combined or for specific documents. We'll highlight:
- Total shares
- Total visits
- Average visit time
- Median visit time
To view more detailed reporting, select View all document reporting.