Navigate to your settingsIn your HubSpot account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Settings.
Create a userClick Users & Teams in the left sidebar menu. You'll see a list of all the users in your HubSpot account. To create a new user, click Create user in the upper right-hand corner.
Enter the user's information
Enter the email address, first name, and last name of the new user. Then click Next.
Please note: if you enter the email address of a user that previously existed as a HubSpot user, the first and last name will be populated automatically and will appear grayed out. Click Next to continue adding the new user.
Set user permissions
Next you'll be able to choose what parts of your HubSpot account this user has access to. By default, all users have access to contacts. On the Contacts tab, you can set more granular permissions and restrictions:
- View: use the dropdown menu on the right to select which set of contacts the user is able to view based on ownership. Your options are Everything, Team only, and Owned only.
- Edit: use the dropdown menu to the right to select which set of contacts the user is able to view based on ownership. Your options are Everything, Team only, and Owned only.
- Bulk delete: choose whether or not you'd like the user to be able to delete multiple contacts in bulk.
- Import: choose whether or not you'd like the user to be able to import contacts into your contacts database.
- Export: choose whether or not you'd like the user to be able to export contacts from your contacts database.
- Edit property settings: choose whether or not you'd like the user to be able to create or edit properties within your account.
Under the Marketing tab, toggle the Marketing Access switch ON to give the user access to marketing tools including ads, lists, and forms.
Under the Sales tab, toggle the Sales Access switch ON to give the user access to sales tools including templates, documents, calling, messages (Sales Starter and Professional only), and sequences (Sales Starter and Professional only).
To upgrade this user to Sales Starter or Professional, click Learn more about Sales Professional.
Alternatively, if you have Sales Starter or Professional seats available, you can choose to assign a seat to the user in this tab by toggling the Sales Pro switch ON.
The above user roles are for contacts and sales access to HubSpot, but you can also make decisions on marketing and admin access on this screen, if applicable. For a full breakdown of the user roles available in all HubSpot products, check out this article.
When you've finished setting the permissions for your new user, click Next.
Send a welcome email
On the next page, you have the option to personalize the welcome email that is sent to your new user. This email will give your new user a link to access the account. To personalize this message, click Add a personalized message. When you're ready to send the welcome email and finish creating the user, click Send.
Your colleague will receive an email inviting them to set their password and log in. If they're already a HubSpot user on a different account, they won't need to reset their password; instead, they'll now have access to your account.
If your colleague has not received a welcome email within five minutes of being added to your account, please ask them to check their spam folder before reaching out to HubSpot Support or the Community.