Using HubSpot's free sales tools, you can send an email from the contact's record in the CRM or right from your inbox. You'll be able to see a record of your email and track when your contact opens it. The instructions below walk through sending an email from HubSpot and sending a tracked email from your email client using the HubSpot Sales extension or one of the add-ins.
- Navigate to Contacts and click the name of a contact.
- In the activity box above the contact's timeline, click the Email tab.
- The To field will automatically populate. Add a CC or BCC recipient if necessary by clicking CC or BCC to the right.
- Add a subject and the body of your email.
- Click Send.
Add a template, document, or sequence
The following sales tools are available to enhance your emails:
- Templates: you can create templates to avoid rewriting your frequently used sales emails. To add a template to an email in the CRM, click the Email tab of the activity box, then click Templates. In the dialog box, hover over the template you wish to send and click Select. Edit the template as needed before sending to your contact.
- Documents: send documents in your emails using HubSpot Sales and track your contacts' engagement. To add a document to your email in the CRM, click the Email tab in the activity box, then click Documents. Hover over the document you wish to send and click Select. A link to the document will be added to the body of your email.
- Sequences (Sales Hub Starter and Professional only): you can enroll a contact into and customize the first email of a sequence right from the Email tab of the activity box on a contact record. Click Email and then click Sequences. In the dialog box, hover over the sequence and click Select. Customize the emails as needed, then click Start sequence.
From your email client
If you're using Gmail or Outlook, you can use the HubSpot Sales extension or one of the Outlook add-ins to send logged and tracked emails:
- Send logged and tracked emails from Gmail using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension.
- Send logged and tracked emails from Outlook using the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in or Office 365 add-in.
Navigate to any contact record and select the Call tab. If you have not added a phone number before, you will see a button to Add your phone number.
Once you've registered your phone number, you can begin calling your contacts. Navigate to a contact record and click the Call tab. Click the Call from phone button to begin the call using your registered phone or click the
Once you begin the call, you can click Record to record it. You can also take notes on the call in the text box and save it once you've disconnected.
Please note that there are service limits on the calling feature.
By integrating with Google Calendar, you can set up meetings using your CRM. Navigate to Contacts and click the name of a particular contact. Click the Schedule tab in the activity box above the contact's timeline.
Give the meeting a title, set the date and time, and add any necessary notes to the main text box. This will be sent in the body of the invite to your contact. Make sure the Add to Google Calendar box is checked, then click Save.
If you have not yet integrated with Google Calendar, click the Integrate with Google Calendar link. On the page that opens, click Connect with Google Calendar, then click Allow to give HubSpot access.
Once you send your meeting, your contact will receive an invitation with an .ics file which can be added to their calendar. An accepted meeting will automatically be created for you in your Google Calendar.
Please note: the Schedule feature on contact records works with Google Calendar only at this time. If you have not integrated with Google Calendar, you will be prompted to do so when scheduling a meeting.