In order to utilize companies reporting, your HubSpot account needs to be syncing with and utilizing Company properties. These are implemented in one of three ways:
1. HubSpot CRM
2. Salesforce integration with Account sync enabled
If you're using any of the above, you should be able to continue onto the steps below to build a companies report.
1. Navigate to Reports Home
From your HubSpot Marketing Dashboard, navigate to Reports > Reports Home.
2. Create a new report
Once at Reports Home, you'll want to click the blue button to Create a new report.
3. Companies Report
From the pop-up window, click on the Companies Report section.
Next, you'll want to choose what type of Companies Report you want to build. You have four choices here:
1. Start from Scratch
2. Companies Revenue Last Month
3. Companies Revenue by Source This Year
4. Companies Revenue by First Conversion
For this example, let's choose to Start From Scratch and go through the process of building out a report with criteria you'd like to specify yourself. Ensure the radio button next to "Start From Scratch" is selected, then click Create Report.
4. Build your report
You're now in your new Companies Report and have many options to choose from to create a report for your business. So let's go over each option you have and your choices:
1. Choose a group of contacts to report on.
- You can choose to report on all contacts from your database, an existing list in your HubSpot database, or you can create a new list while you're here.
2. Choose a conversion type and time period.
- Here you'll choose what date property you'd like to focus on in this report and in what time range.
3. Choose how you would like to group your contacts.
- You can view your contacts by week or month.
4. Break down report by companies property.
- This dropdown menu allows you to select which HubSpot companies property by which you will be breaking down your report.
5. Calculate total value of numeric companies properties.
- This dropdown menu will look at a HubSpot companies property that is a numeric property and allow you to sum this property within your report.
6. Create report
- Click this button when you've chosen all your appropriate properties and contacts.
5. Viewing your report
Once you've chosen your options from the step above and created your report, you'll be taken to a screen where you'll view your report. At first, you'll probably see a screen that looks something like this...
This screen could display here for several moments while HubSpot goes about pulling in the information you want and displaying it in your new report.
Once the number-crunching is complete, your report is done and ready for viewing. Let's look at the overall anatomy of a contacts report:
1. Title: your report title is generated for you based on the criteria of your report. You can click on this area to change the title of your report if you want it to be something more specific.
2. Standard or Cumulative: these buttons will display your graph in standard bar chart format or in a cumulative, linear format.
3. Graph: this is where you will view your graph data for your time range.
4. Breakdown of your company property and the total number of companies that fill the criteria of this report.
5. Company: a list of names of each company in the report and that company's website URL.
6. Edit report: Don't worry if you made a mistake in one of the options you chose for your report, you can click this button to go back and make a change.
7. Goal tracking: You can choose to set a goal for yourself on how many contacts you'd like to get on this report within a specific time period. So the first (text) box, you'll enter a number, and then the dropdown you'll choose either Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly.
8. Report Actions: this is where your other basic options are for using, sharing, re-creating, or deleting your report.
Email your report
Within your companies report, you can email your report out to a specific contact (or number of contacts) with a small message, decide which view you'd like your graph to display in, and then set a frequency in which this report is emailed.
On the day specified within a schedule, these emails will be sent on that day at 5am EST.
Export your report
You can export a report by pressing the export button in the sidebar. The data from the report will be emailed to you as an excel or CSV file, depending on the number of rows. Any report over 64,000 rows will be emailed as a CSV.
On the bottom right-hand side you'll also see your Report Details area. In this section you can see what criteria you based your list off of quickly, without having to go in to edit the report to see this data. Also, this shows you who last modified your report and when.