Navigate to your reports
In your HubSpot Marketing Enterprise account, navigate to Reports > Reports Home.
Create a new report
On the Reports Home screen, click the blue Create a new report button.
Select your report type
In the dialog box, click Companies Report.
Next, choose what type of companies report you want to build. You have four choices here:
1. Start from Scratch
2. Companies Revenue Last Month
3. Companies Revenue by Source This Year
4. Companies Revenue by First Conversion
For this example, we'll select Start From Scratch and go through the process of building out a report. Once you've select
Build your report
Next, set up the options for your report.
- Choose a list: you can include all contacts from your database, an existing list in your HubSpot database, or create a new list from here.
- Choose a conversion type and time period: select a date property you'd like to focus on in this report and the time range for your report.
- Choose display options: you can view your contacts by week or month.
- Break this report down by the following companies property: this
dropdownmenu allows you to select the HubSpot companies property that you'd like to use to break down your report.
- Calculate the total value of the following numeric companies property: select a companies property to view the sum of this property within your report.
- Create report: click this button to finish setting up your report.
View your report
Once you've chosen your options from the step above and created your report, you'll be taken to a screen where you'll view your report. At first, you'll probably see a screen that looks something like this...
Once you click Create report, HubSpot will begin generating your report. When the number-crunching is complete, you can view your report. Let's look at the overall anatomy of a contacts report:
- Title: your report title is generated for you based on the criteria of your report. You can click on this area to change the title of your report if you want it to be something more specific.
- Standard or Cumulative: these buttons will display your graph in standard bar chart format or in a cumulative, linear format.
- Graph: this is where you will view your graph data for your time range.
- Breakdown: here you can see the breakdown of your selected company property and the total number of companies that meet the criteria of this report.
- Company: a list of each company in the report and that company's website URL.
- Edit report: click this button to go back and make a change to the options for your report.
- Goal tracking: you can choose to set a goal for yourself based on how many contacts you'd like to see on this report within a specific time period. In the first (text) box, enter a number then select Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- Report Actions: here you can share, export, clone, or delete your report.
Email your report
Within your companies report, you can email your report out to a specific contact (or number of contacts) with a small message, decide which view you'd like your graph to display in, and then set a frequency in which this report is emailed.
On the day specified within a schedule, these emails will be sent on that day at 5am EST.
Export your report
You can export a report by pressing the export button in the sidebar. The data from the report will be emailed to you as an excel or CSV file, depending on the number of rows. Any report over 64,000 rows will be emailed as a CSV.
On the bottom right-hand side you'll also see your Report Details area. In this section you can see what criteria you based your list off of quickly, without having to go in to edit the report to see this data. Also, this shows you who last modified your report and when.