The links analytics tool tracks domains that link to your website, and gives a high level view of the links to your competitors.
Access the links analytics tool
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools.
- Click Links.
View high level link metrics for your domain
- Total Links Found: the total number of links on external domains leading to a page on your site. This is calculated using data recorded from Moz when your HubSpot account was first created, with updated referral traffic from your traffic analytics tool over time.
Please note: the competitors tool uses updated linking domains data from Moz over time. This data is updated each time a domain is updated in the competitors tool. To see inbound links as reported by Moz, check out their Open site Explorer tool.
- Total Linking Domains Found: the number of unique domains that has a link to a page on your site.
- Total Average Authority: average estimated authority of the domains that link to your site.
View detailed data for your domain
The table provides data on your domain.
- Click the date dropdown menu to select the date range of the data. By default, it's set to This month to date.
- View the table to see the domains that link to your domain. The columns are:
- Authority: the estimated authority of the domain linking to your site based on a 0-10 range, 10 being the highest authority.
- Domain: the domain that links to your website.
- Links: the total number of links to your site from the domain.
- Visits: the number of visits to your site from the linking domain in the selected date range. These visits will appear in the sources report as referrals.
- Contacts: the number of contacts generated during the selected time period whose first visit to your site was from the linking domain.
- Customers: the number of contacts generated during the selected date range that are now customers whose first visit to your site was from the linking domain.
- First Link: the first time someone visited your website from the linking domain.
- Last Activity: the last time someone visited your website from the linking domain.
- To see details of the inbound links for a particular domain, click a domain name.
- To view sites that link to a competitor's domain, click the domain dropdown menu and select a competitor. The competitors are determined based on who you added in your competitors analytics tool.
- To find links for a domain not listed in the competitors analytics tool, click Find links for any domain.
- In the dialog box, enter the domain you want to view.
- View the inbound links for that domain.