How do I know where I've placed my smart content in HubSpot?
You can see where you've set up your previous smart content in the template in your design manager. Modules with smart content will have the smart content icon on them and will appear darker than your other modules.
Can I use more than one criteria type per smart module?
No. When you make a module smart, you will only be able to choose one type of criteria. For example, if you choose to make a rich text module smart and base your smart rules around visitors' list membership, you can't also decide to set rules based on device within that same module.
Is there a limit on how many rules I can have per smart module?Yes. The limit for variations within a smart module is 20.
Can I put a smart CTA into a smart rich text module?While you can put a smart CTA into a rich text module, this is not best practice. Stacking two pieces of smart content or rules on top of each other can be confusing to you and your visitors. Focus on one goal for your smart content and avoid trying to use two different pieces of smart content in one place.
Can I use smart content on a thank you page?Smart content should not be used on a thank you page. When a contact submits a form and is redirected to your thank you page, there isn't enough processing time for the system to understand that this contact just met your criteria on the previous page.
Should I use smart content in a blog post?
Using smart content in a blog post is not best practice; each blog post you write should answer a question for one particular audience. Smart content in your blog could be misleading to RSS readers and could harm your SEO.
How can I test my smart content to make sure it's set up how I want it?
After you set up your smart content in HubSpot, you can navigate to your page and view the smart content on your page as if you were one of your website visitors. Learn more about how to do that here.
Can I use smart content on my external website?
You can use smart CTAs on any external website pages you have. You won't be able to use smart text, forms, or HTML modules on your external website pages.
For a smart CTA to work as expected:
- Your external website must have the HubSpot tracking code installed and firing.
- The CTA's embed code must not be stripped by the external CMS/page.
- If you're using multiple external subdomains, you'll need to add them to Additional site domains:
- In your HubSpot account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Settings.
- Select the Advanced Tracking tab.
- Under Additional site domains, click +Add domain to add additional domains.
- Toggle the Automatic cross-domain linking switch ON. This needs to be enabled so HubSpot can recognize these visitors as the same person across subdomains.