Can I attach multiple images in a social message from HubSpot?
No. At this time, it is only possible to attach one, single image in a HubSpot social message.
Can I monitor Facebook activity in the social tool?
No, it is not possible to monitor Facebook activity in the social tool. Most content on Facebook requires that a "real" person be logged into their site to view it, so it is not possible for HubSpot to monitor Facebook activity on your behalf.
Why is the social publishing tool not detecting my URL?
The social tool uses the same system as Twitter to detect links. In certain situations, links are broken when the tool detects one of the following special characters:
- Most non-Latin characters (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, etc).
- E.g., http://koreansite.com/page/안녕 will be detected as http://koreansite.com/page/
- Special punctuation characters (special apostrophes ’, long-hyphens –, etc).
- E.g. http://myblog.com/page/mycompany’s-landing-page will be detected as http://myblog.com/page/mycompany
- Punctuation at the end of a URL will not be detected as part of the URL.
- E.g. http://site.com/urlwithperiod. will be detected as http://site.com/urlwithperiod
These issues will not occur when you auto-publish from HubSpot, and will only happen when publishing directly via the social publishing tool in HubSpot.
To avoid these issues if the URL is from your own website, try using a URL without these special characters. If the URL is not your own, try copying the URL from your browser URL bar and paste it into the composer, which will properly format the URL and allow the full link to be detected.
Why did the social sharing and like counters on my content reset to zero?
If you change the URL of your content, the social sharing counts associated with it will be lost. Social networks rely on the URL to measure the total number of interactions a piece of content has received from users, so any change in the URL will cause those networks to register the content as unique with a new share count (starting at 0).
A Social Sharing module is intended to allow your audience to share your website content within their networks. The Follow Me module is intended to provide your website visitors with a way access your social media pages. Follow Me modules can help increase your social reach, while Social Sharing modules can help increase traffic to your site.