Analyze social reports
Last updated: January 25, 2022
After you’ve connected your social accounts, you can view and analyze the performance of your social posts and determine how well your social media efforts are performing.
If you're trying to set up your social roundup and summary emails, learn more about managing your social email notifications instead.
Please note: due to LinkedIn's data retention policy, all LinkedIn data (impressions, clicks, interactions, etc) will be deleted from HubSpot after 1 year. You can still view this data by logging in to your connected LinkedIn account.
Social report data
- Social reports include data based on the post visibility settings of your connected social accounts. If you choose to only report on posts you create in HubSpot when connecting your Twitter account, or if you connected a personal LinkedIn account, reports will only contain data on posts you published in HubSpot.
- When you connect a social media account to HubSpot, the last 60 days of social post data will be pulled in automatically.
- Social reports can only display data from the past year. Data older than one year may not display on your social reports.
- HubSpot collects post-specific data for the first 30 days after a post is published. Any data after that 30-day period will not display in HubSpot. This includes:
Filter your social reports
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Social.
- Click the Analyze tab.
- To filter by social network account:
- In the top left, click the All accounts.
- To view data for all of your connected social accounts, select All accounts.
- To view data for network accounts, select the network name (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- To view data for individual accounts, select the account name.
- At the top, reports can also be filtered by:
- Date range: filter by this week, this month, the last 30 days, last month, this quarter, this year, or a custom time period.
- Campaign: filter by the campaign your social posts are associated with.
- The reporting data will include posts based on the post visibility settings of the accounts you connected for that network
- Report data is based on social post publish dates. For example, if the selected time period is Last 30 days, social posts published more than 30 days ago will not factor into the reports, even if the posts are still receiving clicks and interactions. When comparing date ranges, data will be displayed for social posts published within the last 30 days, compared with the social posts published in the previous 30 day period.
Save a report to your report library
You can save any of your social reports to your reports library, which will add it to one of your dashboards:
- In the top right of the report, click Save report.
- In the right pane, configure the details of your report:
- Enter a report name.
- Select the radio button to confirm whether you'd like to add the report to a dashboard:
- Don't add to dashboard: HubSpot won't add the report to any of your dashboards, but will save the report to your report library so you can use it later.
- Add to existing dashboard: you can select an existing dashboard to add the report to.
- Add to new dashboard: you can create a new custom dashboard and add the social report to the new dashboard. Click next, then enter a name and select a visibility option.
- Click Save or Save & add if you chose to add the report to a dashboard.
Social reports available for all networks
Below are the reports available in the social tool. Each report presents different engagement data, split out by network.
The Audience report shows your current number of followers, compared to the number you had in the previous time period, for each of your connected social accounts. The Facebook Page audience number shows your current number of page likes, not followers, because Facebook business page performance is typically measured by the number of page likes.
Please note: metrics for LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram do not include data from before you connected your account to HubSpot. Data from connected YouTube accounts will include up to 60 days of historical data from before you connected your account.
The Published Posts report shows the number of social posts that were published across your social accounts within the selected time period. This will also include posts that were published to your connected social accounts outside of HubSpot if this is selected in your social account settings.
The Interactions report shows the number of likes, reactions (Facebook), and comments on your social posts published anywhere on your connected accounts. This will also include posts that were published to your connected social accounts outside of HubSpot if this is selected in your social account settings.
Interactions can vary across each social network, do take note of the following.
- Facebook: comments from the user's account will be counted as interactions, and only direct comments to the posts will be counted. Nested comments will not be included.
- Instagram: comments from the user's account will be counted as interactions, including any replies.
- LinkedIn: all comments from the user's account will be counted as interactions, and only direct comments to the posts will be counted. Nested comments will not be included.
- Twitter: replies from the user's account will not be counted as interactions. Twitter retweets are also excluded in this report, but are included in the Shares report.
The Clicks report shows the number of clicks on social posts published through HubSpot. YouTube posts cannot be published through HubSpot, and Instagram does not support posting links, so clicks on such posts are not included.
Click counts in this report may vary from what you see in your social media account because many social networks count clicks on other elements (i.e. profile pictures, account name, etc.). HubSpot specifically counts clicks on the shortened URLs in posts. HubSpot's click count may also be higher than what you see in your social media account if the shortened URL is shared elsewhere outside of the post.
Please note: HubSpot can only track clicks for social posts published through HubSpot, as these posts use shortened link URLs to track clicks.
The Shares report shows the number of published social posts that were shared, including Twitter retweets. This will also include posts that were published to your connected accounts outside of HubSpot if this is selected in your social account settings. LinkedIn personal profile shares, LinkedIn video shares, and Instagram shares won't be included, as these networks do not provide share data.
The Impressions report shows the number of views that social posts on your LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram company pages received. This will also include posts that were published to your connected accounts outside of HubSpot if this is selected in your social account settings.
Please note: this report does not include data from Twitter, personal LinkedIn accounts, or videos you've published on LinkedIn.
The Sessions report shows the number of web sessions on your site (HubSpot-hosted web pages, or web pages that have your HubSpot tracking code installed) that took place within the selected time period that were driven from social media. Social posts that drove these sessions could have been published at any time, and from any social source.
For example, if a third party publishes a Twitter post containing a link to your site, any clicks on that link will result in web sessions which will appear in the Sessions report.
The New Contacts report shows the number of new contacts created in HubSpot as a result of web sessions driven from social media within the selected time period.
The Top Posts report shows a list of your top ten performing posts. You can see an overview of each post's interactions, clicks, shares, and impressions. Click on a post to view more details in the right panel. Click the Filter by dropdown menu to filter the posts by most interactions, most impressions, most clicks, or most shares.
YouTube reports (Marketing Hub Enterprise only)
If you have a Marketing Hub Enterprise account and you've connected your YouTube account to HubSpot, you can analyze your YouTube performance data.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Social.
- Click the Analyze tab.
- Click the All accounts dropdown menu and select YouTube or a specific YouTube account if you have multiple connected accounts.
- Use the top filter to filter your reports by time period: this week, this month, the last 30 days, last month, the last 3 months, or a custom time period.
- The YouTube Overview report shows the total channel subscribers, total views, average view duration, total likes, total dislikes, total comments, and total shares for the time period selected. Each statistic shows the percentage change from the previous time period.
- The Watch time report shows the total watch time per day in minutes for the time period selected.
- The Views report shows the total views per day for the time period selected.
- The Interactions report shows the number of likes, dislikes, comments, and shares per day that occurred during the time period selected.
- The Subscribers report shows the number of subscribers gained and lost per day for the time period selected.
- The YouTube Post Engagement report lists all the videos posted during the time period selected, along with the publish date and time, views, average percentage viewed (an average of how much of the video each person watched), likes, dislikes, comments, and shares. Click a column header to sort the report by a specific metric.
Please note: YouTube performance data cannot be filtered by individual Youtube accounts. The data displayed will be aggregated based on all connected accounts.
Export your content and data
Learn how to export HubSpot content and data from your account, such as pages, contacts, and files. Please...Knowledge Base
Connect your social media accounts to HubSpot
Connect your social media accounts to HubSpot to start creating and publishing social posts, and tracking...Knowledge Base
Reauthorize or disconnect social accounts from HubSpot
If your social network account is disconnected from HubSpot, you will need to reauthorize the connection....Knowledge Base