If your Salesforce tasks are automatically defaulting to one task type (e.g. form submissions appearing as Email type tasks), you may have a default task type set up in Salesforce. You may have a default task type set in Salesforce if you're seeing something like a form submission assigned to the Email type. To change this behavior:
- Log into your Salesforce account.
- Click Setup in the top right corner.
- In the left sidebar menu, click the arrow to the left of Activities, then click Task Fields.
- Click Type under the Field label column.
- Uncheck any checked boxes under the Default column to prevent HubSpot from automatically setting a default task type when syncing tasks to Salesforce.
Please keep in mind that if you don't have a default selected, HubSpot will sync tasks to Salesforce without a type. Adding the default selection in Salesforce will not retroactively set a type for existing activities. If you decide to enable a default, the task type will be set for marketing tasks created by HubSpot moving forward.