If you lose the device you use for two-factor authentication (2FA), change your device, uninstall the HubSpot app, or are otherwise unable to access your 2FA method, you will need to reset your 2FA. A 2FA reset takes a minimum of 48-72 hours to ensure there is ample time to protect your account from bad actors if login information is compromised. For example, if a bad actor tries to access your account using compromised login credentials, the extra security steps for resetting your 2FA give you time and extra barriers to prevent the bad actor from accessing your account. Once your 2FA is reset, you can log in with only your username and password, and it is recommended that you set up your new 2FA method immediately.
Users in a partner account can request a 2FA reset which will be routed to super admins in the partner account.
Please note: the best way to ensure you retain access to your HubSpot account is to set up both primary and secondary methods for your 2FA login. When you set up 2FA, you will be provided with backup codes. You can download these codes as a PDF and save them to your device. The file name is backupCodes.pdf. The combination of a primary and secondary 2FA method (e.g. Google Authenticator, text message) as well as stored backup codes for recovery will give you the most secure and reliable two-factor authentication setup for your HubSpot account.
To request a 2FA reset:
- On the HubSpot login screen, enter your login credentials.
- If you are unable to access your 2FA method, on the login verification screen, click one of the following options:
- Use a backup code: to enter one of the 10 backup verification codes supplied during 2FA set up.
- Lost your authentication device?: to receive access from an account administrator or the HubSpot support team.
- Don't see the login prompt? (HubSpot mobile app): to view instructions for how to find a login code in your app. If you have a new device, no longer have the original device, or uninstalled the authenticator app, click New device, Lost device, or Uninstalled device. Then, you can receive access from an account administrator or the HubSpot support team.
- If you are on a single account with super admins and your email isn't shared across multiple accounts, an email will be sent to one of your super admins to begin the reset process. You will receive an email with a code. You must share this code with one of your super admins to have your 2FA reset.
Please note: if your account is eligible for super admins, only the first 10 account super admins will receive the reset email.
- If you are on multiple accounts, you are the only administrator on your account, or you do not have an account with super admins, you will be prompted to send yourself an email with further verification instructions. Click on the link in the email to open a list of security questions. Once your answers are submitted, a member of the HubSpot support team will send you an email to help. A response takes between 48-72 hours.
- Account access is immediately granted once the super admin or HubSpot support team resets your 2FA.
- Once your 2FA has been reset, you can log in with your email address and password.