- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- Click Contacts & Companies in the left sidebar menu.
- Click to toggle the Sync record ownership between contacts and companies feature on.
With this setting enabled:
- The Company owner property will update the Contact owner property of the contacts associated with this company.
- The company record will always update the contact record. The contact's owner will not override the company's owner unless the company's Company owner property is blank.
- If you then change the contact's contact owner to differ from the associated company's company owner, the contact owner set on the contact will not revert back to the company owner.
This setting does not update the owner or records retroactively. This setting also does not affect any custom HubSpot user field type properties.