By default, contact and company owners are independent and do not sync. If you would like to sync ownership between contacts and companies, you can enable the contact and company owner sync option:
- In your HubSpot Sales account, navigate to Settings.
- On the Contacts page, click the switch to toggle the Sync record ownership between contacts and companies feature on.
With this setting enabled:
- The HubSpot Owner of the company will update the HubSpot Owner of the contacts associated with this company.
- The company record will always update the contact record. The contact's HubSpot Owner will not override the company's owner unless the company's HubSpot Owner property is blank.
- If you then change the contact's HubSpot Owner to differ from the associated company's HubSpot Owner, the HubSpot Owner set on the contact will not revert back to the company's HubSpot Owner.
This setting does not update the owner retroactively.