Customer loyalty surveys allow you to track how likely customers are to recommend your company to others.
To set up a customer loyalty survey:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Service > Customer Feedback.
- In the Customer loyalty section, click Set up survey.
- In the upper right, click Start.
Next, go through each step in the creation process:
Choose whether to deliver your survey by Email or display it on a Web page:
- If you select Email, click the Customize tab to continue.
- If you select Web page, click Yes in the dialog box, then click the Display tab to continue.
2. Display (Web page surveys only)
Select a location for your web page survey: Slide-in box left, Slide-in box right, or Dropdown banner.
Click the Customize tab to continue.
Customize the branding and appearance of your survey:
- For email surveys, set the name and address that your survey will be sent from. You can select the name and address of any user in your account. Below, enter a Subject line for your survey email.
- Customize the text that appears at the top of your survey using the Greeting field.
- Click the Survey language dropdown menu and choose which language you want the survey to be in.
- Select one of the default color options, or set a custom color by entering a hex value or clicking the color picker to the right.
Click the Follow-up tab to continue.
Customize your follow-up questions to learn more about your customers' responses:
- Click the 0 - 6 Detractors tab to enter text for customers who gave a low score.
- Click the 7 - 8 Passive tab to enter text for customers who gave a neutral score.
- Click the 9 - 10 Promoters tab to enter text for customers who gave a high score.
Click the Thank you tab to move on to the next step.
5. Thank you
Customize the thank you message a customer will see after submitting the survey:
- To include a default illustration at the top of your message, click to toggle the Show illustration switch on.
- Enter a header for the thank you message in the Header text field.
- Enter a message for your visitors in the Body text field.
Click the Recipients tab to move on to the next step.
Choose the recipients of the survey:
- By default, the survey will be sent to contacts who became a customer more than 30 days ago. To change the default recipient criteria, click the filter on the left to make changes. To add more criteria, click the AND or OR buttons. You can set filters based on any contact, company, deal, and ticket properties.
- By default, the survey will be sent to contacts who already meet the selected criteria. If you only want to send it to contacts who meet the criteria in the future, clear the Enroll contacts that already meet these criteria checkbox.
- Click the Send recurring surveys dropdown menu and select the frequency of your survey sends.
Click the Options tab to move on to the next step.
The Options tab includes different options depending on the survey delivery method:
- If you are sending your survey via email, click the When customers have submitted feedback send email notifications to dropdown menu, then select users and/or teams to receive submission notifications via email.
- If you've chosen to display your survey on your website, you can customize the following options:
- Choose the website pages your survey will appear on: All pages or Pages that exactly match these URLs. If you select the latter, enter the page URL in the text field that appears. Click Add another page to add more page URLs if needed.
- Choose when your survey is triggered. Enter the number of seconds in the text field.
- To display the survey on small screen sizes, select the Turn on survey on small screen sizes checkbox.
- Click the When customers have submitted feedback send email notifications to dropdown menu, then select users and/or teams to receive submission notifications via email.
Click the Automation tab to continue.
To set up follow-up actions based on survey responses, click the plus icon below the 0-6 Detractors, 7-8 Passives, and/or 9-10 Promoters sections. Use the right pane to add one of the recommended actions or click See more to see more options. Learn more about using workflows actions.
Please note: customer loyalty survey workflows will not appear in the workflows tool (Automation > Workflows) and can only be edited from this tab of the survey setup.
When you're done setting up automation for your survey, click the Summary tab to continue.
Here you can review your survey settings. Click Edit to the right of a setting to make changes.
Click Preview to see how the survey will appear on desktop, tablet, and mobile. When you're done, click Publish in the upper right to take your survey live.