Sending a customer loyalty survey lets you monitor how likely customers are to recommend your company.
To set up a customer loyalty survey:
- In your HubSpot Service Hub Professional account, navigate to Service > Customer Feedback.
- Under Customer loyalty, click Set up survey.
- On the next screen, click Start in the upper right-hand corner. You'll then walk through each step in the creation process:
Choose whether you'd like to deliver your survey by Email or Web page. If you've selected Email, click the Customize tab to continue.
If you've selected Web page, click Yes in the dialog box that appears, then click the Display tab to continue.
2. Display (Web page only)
Choose where the survey will appear on your website: Slide-in box left, Slide-in box right, or Dropdown banner.Click the Customize tab to continue.
Customize the appearance of your survey. Enter your company's name in the Company name field. Next, select a color for your survey or enter a hex value or choose a custom color from a color picker.
Click the Follow-up tab to continue.
Customize your follow-up question to discover why customers gave you the score they did:
- Click the 0 - 6 Detractors tab to enter text for customers who gave a low score.
- Click the 7 - 8 Passive tab to enter text for customers who gave a neutral score.
- Click the 9 - 10 Promoters tab to enter text for customers who gave a high score.
Click the Thank you tab to move on to the next step.
5. Thank you
Customize your thank you message a customer will see after submitting their survey response:
- Toggle the Show illustration switch on or off depending on if you'd like to show the default illustration with your thank you message.
- Enter a header for your thank you message in the Header text field.
- Enter a message for your visitors in the Body text field.
Click the Recipients tab to move on to the next step.
Choose the recipients of the survey: New customers only or All new and existing customers who meet the criteria. The first survey will be sent 30 days after the contact becomes a customer by default. Click the Send recurring surveys dropdown to select the frequency with which recipients receive recurring surveys.
Click the Options tab to move on to the next step.
The Options tab differs depending on whether the survey is delivered by email or web page.
If you've initially selected to deliver the survey by Email, click the When customers have submitted feedback send email notifications to dropdown to select users and teams to receive email notifications when a customer submits a loyalty survey.
If you've initially selected to deliver the survey by Web page, you can customize the following options:
- Choose if the survey will appear on All pages or Pages that exactly match these URLs. If you select the latter, enter the page URL in the text field that appears, then click Add another page to add more page URLs if needed.
- Choose if the survey is triggered On 50% page scroll or After elapsed time seconds. If you choose the latter, enter the number of seconds in the text field.
- Choose if you'd like the survey to appear on small screen sizes by checking Turn on survey on small screen sizes.
- Click the When customers have submitted feedback send email notifications to dropdown to select users and teams to receive email notifications when a customer submits a loyalty survey.
Click the Preview tab to continue.
This is a preview of what your loyalty survey will look like for customers. Click the arrows in the upper right to preview each step of the survey process.
Click the Summary tab to move on to the final step.
Review the number of existing contacts that the loyalty survey will be sent to, as well as the frequency with which recurring surveys will be sent. Take some time to ensure that the settings in previous steps have been set up to your liking.
When you're done, click Publish in the upper right to take your survey live.