Sending a customer loyalty survey lets you monitor how likely customers are to recommend your company.
To set up a customer loyalty survey:
- In your HubSpot Service Hub Professional account, navigate to Service > Customer Feedback.
- Under Customer loyalty, click Set up survey.
- On the next screen, click Start in the upper right-hand corner.
Choose whether you'd like to deliver your survey by Email or Web page. If you've selected Email, click the Customize tab to continue.
If you've selected Web page, click Yes in the dialog box that appears, then click the Display tab to continue.
2. Display (Web page only)
Choose how the survey will appear on your website: Slide-in box left, Slide-in box right, or Dropdown banner.Click the Customize tab to continue.
Customize the appearance of your survey. Enter your company's name in the Company name field. Click the Survey language dropdown menu and choose which language you want the survey to be in. Next, select one of the default color options, or set a custom color by entering a hex value or clicking the color picker to the right.
Click the Follow-up tab to continue.
Customize your follow-up question to discover why customers gave you the score they did:
- Click the 0 - 6 Detractors tab to enter text for customers who gave a low score.
- Click the 7 - 8 Passive tab to enter text for customers who gave a neutral score.
- Click the 9 - 10 Promoters tab to enter text for customers who gave a high score.
Click the Thank you tab to move on to the next step.
5. Thank you
Customize the thank you message a customer will see after submitting their survey response. If you want to include a default illustration at the top of your thank you message, click to toggle the Show illustration switch on. Enter a header for the thank you message in the Header text field, and enter a message for your visitors in the Body text field.
Click the Recipients tab to move on to the next step.
Choose the recipients of the survey:
- By default, contacts will be sent the survey if they became a customer more than 30 days ago. To change the default recipient criteria, click the filter on the left and make changes to the filter. To add additional criteria, click the AND or OR buttons to add more filters.
- By default, existing contacts will be sent the survey if they already meet the selected criteria. To send the survey only to contacts who meet the criteria moving forward, clear the Enroll contacts that already meet these criteria checkbox.
- Click the Send recurring surveys dropdown menu and select the frequency of your survey sends.
Click the Options tab to move on to the next step.
The Options tab includes different options depending on how your survey will be delivered:
- If you’ve chosen to send your survey via email, click the When customers have submitted feedback send email notifications to dropdown menu to select users and teams to receive email notifications when a customer submits a loyalty survey.
- If you've chosen to display your survey on your website, you can customize the following options:
- Choose the website pages your survey will appear on: All pages or Pages that exactly match these URLs. If you select the latter, enter the page URL in the text field that appears, then click Add another page to add more page URLs if needed.
- Choose how your survey is triggered: On 50% page scroll or After elapsed time seconds. If you select the latter, enter the number of seconds in the text field.
- If you want the survey to appear on small screen sizes, select the Turn on survey on small screen sizes checkbox.
- Click the When customers have submitted feedback send email notifications to dropdown menu to select users and teams to receive email notifications when a customer submits a loyalty survey.
Click the Preview tab to continue.
This is a preview of what your loyalty survey will look like for customers. Click the arrows in the upper right to preview each step of the survey process.
Click the Summary tab to move on to the final step.
Review the number of existing contacts that the loyalty survey will be sent to, as well as the frequency with which recurring surveys will be sent. When you're done, click Publish in the upper right to send your survey via email or publish it to the web pages you’ve selected.