With the Stripe integration, you can bill your customers directly from their quote, and send all payments to your integrated Stripe account.
Connect your Stripe account
Before connecting Stripe to HubSpot, make sure that you’ve activated your Stripe account; your account must be activated before HubSpot can create payments for customers on your behalf. To connect HubSpot to your Stripe account:
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Integrations.
- Click Connect an app.
- Use the search bar to search for Stripe, then hover over the integration and click View integration.
- Click Connect to Stripe, then enter your Stripe login information.
- Click Authorize access to this account to finish integrating your account with HubSpot.
Allow payments to connected Stripe account in your quotes
Once your account is connected, use the integration to create payments for your customers on your quotes.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Deals.
- Click the name of a deal.
- In the Quotes card on the left side of the deal record, click Create quote.
Please note: products need to be added to the deal before a quote can be created.
- Create your quote.
- On the Signature & Payment screen, click to toggle the Use a connected Stripe account switch on.
Once this option is enabled, customers will be able to make a payment by clicking Purchase at the bottom of their quote.
A dialog box will appear, where customers can enter their billing information to complete their purchase. When the purchase is complete, the payment will go directly to your integrated Stripe account.
Upon successful payment, HubSpot will create a new customer in Stripe. HubSpot will sync the following properties to the newly created customer in Stripe:
- Email address; and
- Company name, if available. If the company name is not available, HubSpot will sync across the contact's first name and last name instead.
Collect recurring payments in Stripe
You can have a mix of fixed and recurring payment types for each line item included on your quote. However, if your quote includes line items with recurring payment types, the payment frequency must be the same for all line items in order to collect recurring payments with the Stripe integration. This means you cannot have a mix of monthly or annual recurring payments on single quote. Contract length is not currently supported with the integration.
Customers will be charged on the day they click Purchase. That day will be their billing date moving forward. If your quote has expiration date, customers won't be able to click Purchase after the quote has expired. Subscriptions created in Stripe for recurring payments will recur indefinitely and need to be manually cancelled in Stripe if the customer opts out.