If you want to change the background color for all of your email templates, you can edit your color defaults in your settings. To change the background color for a specific marketing email only, create an HTML version of your template to update your default background color.
Please note: this method requires basic knowledge of how to write and edit HTML.
If you're editing an email in the drag and drop editor, you can change the Body color in the Design tab.
To use HTML to change the background color for a specific email template:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Files and Templates > Design Tools.
- On the left sidebar panel, click on the name of the template you want to update.
- On the top menu, click Actions > Clone to HTML to a create a coded email file from this template.
- Press "Ctrl+F" and paste into the search bar, then hit enter to highlight all instances of this token.
- Replace all instances of with a desired # hexadecimal color value. You may need to switch to the Preview tab in your coded file to preview your changes to make sure the correct tokens have been updated.
- Click Publish changes.
- Navigate to Marketing > Email to create a new email with this template.
If you are familiar with HubL, you can define the variable in your coded file before the opening <html> tag. You can learn more about this advanced method in our Designer Documentation.
Please note: HubSpot Support cannot provide technical support for a customized coded template. If you run into questions working with the code of your HTML email, you can connect with web designers and HubSpot specialists on the Design Forum.