Changing the background color of a single email requires editing the custom HTML version of the template. Note that this method requires basic knowledge of how to write and edit HTML.
To use HTML to change the background color for a specific email template:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Marketing > Files and Templates > Design Tools.
- Locate the template you wish to edit in the finder, and click on the name of the template to select it in the finder.
- Click Actions > Clone to HTML to a create a coded email file from this template.
- Type "Ctrl+F" and paste into the search bar, then hit enter to highlight al instances of this token.
- Replace all instances of with a desired # hexadecimal color value. You may need to switch to the Preview tab in your coded file to preview your changes to make sure the correct tokens have been updated.
- Click Publish changes.
- Navigate to Content > Email to create a new email with this template.
If you are familiar with HubL, you can define the variable in your coded file before the opening <html> tag. You can learn more about this advanced method in our Designer Documentation.
If you want to change the background color for all of your email templates, you can edit your content settings.
Please note: HubSpot Support cannot provide technical support for a customized coded template. If you run into questions working with the code of your HTML email, you can connect with web designers and HubSpot specialists on the Design Forum.