Professional and Enterprise accounts can customize the default HubSpot score property to qualify leads based on custom criteria.
Enterprise users can use up to 25 score properties, including HubSpot score.
These score properties are updated by HubSpot continually. For example, if a contact met the criteria set previously but no longer meet it now, HubSpot will update their score property.
To set the criteria for your HubSpot score:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Properties.
- Search or browse for HubSpot score or one of your custom score properties (Enterprise users only) and click the property name.
- Click Add new set next to Positive Attributes or Negative Attributes to set criteria which will add or remove points from your leads' scores.
- Set a criterion for your attribute, then click Done. To add additional criteria, click AND; leads will have to meet all criteria for the attribute to apply. The criteria options depend on your subscription level and are similar to that of lists; learn more about using criteria.
- To change the number of points that are added or removed when a lead meets the criteria of the attribute, click the edit icon edit. Enter a new score amount and click Set.
Please note: scores for an attribute will not be incremented if a contact meets the criteria again. You can, however, create multiple attributes that each add or remove points for incremental values.
- You can add up to 100 attributes to your score property. To add additional attributes, click Add new set. When you've finished adding attributes, click Save.
- To test contacts against your attributes, click Test contact. In the dialog box, select the radio button to the left of the contact you want to test, and click Test. You'll see the contact's score based on the attributes set, and see which criteria they meet.
You can now use your score property to segment your contacts in lists and enroll contacts in workflows. If you use Salesforce, the HubSpot Score information will sync over to Salesforce after it is populated on the contact record in HubSpot.
When you save your attributes, all contacts are reevaluated against the criteria. It may take some time for your contacts' scores to be updated, especially if many contacts need to be scored.