The number of score properties you can have in your HubSpot account depends on your subscription. Check out the HubSpot Product & Services Catalog for the number of custom score properties you have.
These score properties are updated by HubSpot continually. Some examples of such continual updates include:
- If a record meets the criteria set in the Positive Attributes set, points are added to the score. Once they don't meet the criteria, those points will be removed from the score.
- If a record meets the criteria set in the Negative Attributes set, points are removed from the score. Once they don't meet the criteria, those points will be credited back.
- If a criteria is removed, all records will be re-evaluated. This means if you remove a criteria from the Positive Attributes set, points may be removed from your records, and vice versa.
To set the criteria for your HubSpot score:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Properties.
- Search or browse for HubSpot score or a custom score properties and click the property name.
- Click Add new set next to Positive Attributes or Negative Attributes to set criteria that will add or remove points from the score respectively.
- Set a criterion for your attribute, then click Done. The criteria options depend on your subscription level. Learn more about setting criteria.
- To add additional criteria in the existing set of attributes, click AND. Leads need to meet all criteria for the attribute to apply. You can also click Add new set again to have another set of attributes that lead to a certain score.
- To change the number of points that are added or removed when a lead meets the criteria of the attribute, click the edit edit icon. Enter a new score amount and click Set.
Please note: scores for an attribute will not be incremented if a contact meets the criteria again. You can, however, create multiple attributes that each add or remove points for incremental values.
- You can add up to 100 attributes to your score property. To add additional attributes, click Add new set. When you've finished adding attributes, click Save.
- To test a record against your attributes, click Test contact. In the dialog box, select the radio button to the left of the record you want to test, and click Test. You'll see the record's score based on the attributes set, and see the criteria they meet.
You can now use your score property to segment your contacts in lists and enroll contacts or companies in workflows. If you use Salesforce, the HubSpot Score information will sync over to Salesforce after it is populated on the record in HubSpot.
When you save your attributes, all contacts or companies are reevaluated against the criteria. It may take some time for the scores to be updated.