Preference groups help you organize your email subscriptions into different sets of subscription settings. Each preference group has its own preference pages, subscription types, and footer addresses.
How preference groups work
Preference groups allow you to organize your subscription types and footer addresses together. You can also optionally associate a brand domain or assign access to the preference group for a specific team. After you've created the preference group, you can select it when you're creating a marketing email, which will then allow you to select a subscription type and footer address from that preference group.
By creating multiple preference groups and associating each one with a different brand domain, your contacts can manage their subscriptions to each brand domain independently. For example, if a contact is subscribed to Brand A and Brand B, then unsubscribes to all marketing emails from Brand A, they will still be subscribed to Brand B.
Create a preference group
You can create and manage preference groups in your settings:
- In your HubSpot account, click the Settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar, click Marketing > Email.
- Scroll down to the Preference Groups section and click Add.
- Enter a name for the preference group.
- You can select Teams that have access to this preference group.
- Select any Languages that you want your preference pages translated into.
- Select a Brand domain to associate with this preference group. If you don't select a brand domain, any contacts who unsubscribe to the subscription emails in this preference group will opt out of all your subscription emails.
- Click the Subscription type tab to add subscription types to your preference group:
- Click Add subscription type, then enter a name and description. Click Create.
- You can also add additional subscription types for the preference group. Click Change order to configure the order of multiple subscription types.
- Click the Addresses tab to add footer addresses to your preference group:
- Click Add address, then enter your address info. The Office location name, Company Name, Address, City, and State fields are all required. Click Create.
- You can add additional addresses for the preference group. To change the default address, click the Actions dropdown, then select Make default.
- Click Save to create the preference group.
Manage your preference groups
You can change or archive your a preference group after you've created it:
- Click the Preference group to expand it.
- Click the Actions dropdown.
- To edit the settings, subscription types, or footer addresses of the preference group, select Edit.
- To archive the preference group, select Archive.