After connecting your Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google ad account to HubSpot, your existing lead ad campaigns will appear automatically on your HubSpot Ads dashboard. Sync leads from these lead ad forms to your HubSpot account.
Before you get started
Before setting up your lead sync, do note the following:
- To set up your lead sync, you will need the following permissions:
- When setting up a lead sync with your Google ad account, forms are synced at a campaign level. Lead ad forms in Google must be associated with an ad campaign in order to sync.
Manage your lead sync settings
To ensure that both historical and new leads from your lead ad campaigns sync with your HubSpot account, you'll need to configure which pages or ad accounts you want to sync leads from. To manage your lead syncing settings:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- Click the Lead syncing tab.
- In the upper right, click Connect.
- In the dialog box, select your page's ad network.
- Configure your lead sync settings:
- To turn lead syncing on for a specific page or ad account, select the checkbox next to the page name.
If your HubSpot account has access to marketing contacts, you can set your synced leads as marketing contacts. Toggle on the marketing contact switch to set contacts created as marketing contacts.
- If you're syncing leads from a Facebook page or LinkedIn ad account, you can select a sync timeframe. Google will only sync leads from after you turn lead syncing on for your account, and will not sync any historical leads.
- All leads: sync all leads from the last 90 days as well as new leads
- New Leads: sync only new leads.
- Click Save. If you have any issues turning lead syncing on, or you see one of your pages or ad accounts disabled, check out the lead syncing troubleshooting guide for Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google ad accounts.
Necessary disclosure: if you select a Facebook page, Google ad account, or LinkedIn ad account to sync leads from, HubSpot will receive webhook updates when a new lead form submission occurs on the connected page or ad account. HubSpot will pull all lead submissions for connected pages and ad accounts, and will log them as form submissions in the CRM.
Configure custom field mappings and review form submissions
You can review synced forms and customize the mappings between any custom form field and the associated HubSpot property. This only applies to custom form fields, standard properties cannot be changed.
Please note: any changes to custom field mappings will only be reflected on new leads that are synced with HubSpot. Previously synced contacts will still have the old field mappings.
To review and customize your mappings:
- In the Lead syncing tab, click the page name.
- In the right panel, under Forms, locate and click a form.
- To change a custom field mapping:
- Hover over the custom field and click Edit mapping.
- Click the HubSpot property dropdown menu, then select a new HubSpot property to map your custom field with.
- Click Save.
Fix lead syncing errors
If HubSpot detects issues with any of your connected pages or their associated forms, you'll see an alert on your Ads dashboard. Review the errors to resolve any issues and minimize potential disruptions to your lead syncing.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- If there are any problems with your lead ad forms, an alert will appear at the top of the page. Click View errors to navigate to your lead syncing settings.
- Locate the page that lists a form error, then click the page name.
- In the right panel, under Forms, click the form name of the form that needs to be fixed.
- Under the Status column of the Field mappings table, hover over the error to see details about the issue and how to resolve it.
- If the error is due to an issue with a field mapping, click Edit mapping to update the custom field mapping and address the issue. Learn more about how your lead ad fields map to HubSpot properties.