Google Tag Manager provides with you a code snippet which can be added to your HubSpot pages within content settings.
1. Copy the code from Google Tag Manager
- Log in to your Google Tag Manager account.
- Click the Admin tab.
- Under the Container column, click the Container that contains your tags from the dropdown.
- Click Install Google Tag Manager.
- On the next screen, you will be able to copy both code snippets (1) and (2) for your Google Tag Manager Container.
2. Add the Google Tag Manager code to HubSpot pages
Google also advises that the <noscript> snippet (labeled 2 in the above screenshot) is placed after the opening <body> tag. However, it can be added to other sections of the page, depending on a website's settings (see Google Tag Manager FAQs). When adding code to the body of your HubSpot pages site-wide, you can only add the code directly before the closing </body> tag.This can be done in your content settings in the Site Footer HTML field.
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Content > Content Settings.
- In the Modifying dropdown at the top, select the specific domain you'd to add the code to, or select All domains to add the code to all of your HubSpot-hosted domains.
Please note: you can choose specific domains if you want to add code to one domain but not another you have in HubSpot. If you do add any code within the header or footer HTML for a specific domain, it will override any code you have placed in header and footer HTML for All domains.
- Click Save at the bottom left.