To maintain compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, all HubSpot email templates are required to include information about the physical location of your business, and a mechanism for your contacts to update their email subscription preferences.
To customize your email footer in a drag and drop template:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Files and Templates > Design Tools.
- Click on an email template in the finder to select it in the editor.
- Click on the Office location information to select this module for editing in the inspector.
- You can click to expand this module's STYLING OPTIONS to modify default fonts, colors, and spacing.
- In the DEFAULT CONTENT section of the inspector, hover and click on the Location text preview to modify the default content in in the editor.
- Once you're done making your edits in the rich text module in the editor, click Back to template to return to the email template you're working on.
- Click Publish changes to make your changes live.
Please note: Since global modules are limited to page templates only. Therefore CAN-SPAM module customization need to be implemented on a template-by-template basis.
HTML email templates
If you are working with an HTML email template, you must insert the required CAN-SPAM HubL tokens in order for your template to be able to be saved.