It is sometimes necessary to add more details in the Advanced Options section when connecting your inbox to HubSpot using IMAP. Your IT team should be able to provide your mail server's IMAP and SMTP information. If not, you can take the steps below to find them in your email client:
Apple Mail (Mac desktop)
- Click Mail in your Mac's toolbar, then select Preferences from the dropdown menu.
- In the left sidebar, select the account you want to connect to HubSpot.
- Select Account Information.
- Find the field for Incoming Mail Server. This value is your IMAP server name.
- Next, find the field for Outgoing Mail Server. You may need to use the dropdown menu to select Edit SMTP server list to view the SMTP server name. You can also find your SMTP port here.
Outlook for Mac
- Click Outlook in your Mac's toolbar.
- Select Preferences, then click Accounts.
- In the left sidebar, click on the account you want to connect to HubSpot.
- Find the fields for Incoming server and Outgoing server. The longer text box is the server name and the text box towards the right is the port. Use this information when setting up your connected inbox in HubSpot.
Outlook for PC
- In Outlook, click File. Then navigate to Account Settings > Account Settings.
- On the Email tab, double-click on the account you want to connect to HubSpot.
- Below Server Information, you can find your incoming mail server (IMAP) and outgoing mail server (SMTP) names.
- To find the ports for each server, click More settings... > Advanced.
iPhone (Apple mail)
- Navigate to your iPhone's Settings.
- On the next screen, click Mail, then select Accounts.
- Select the email account you want to connect to HubSpot.
- Under IMAP, select Account.
- This will display your incoming (IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP) mail server information to use in HubSpot.
Android (native Android email client)
- Navigate to your Android's Settings, and then click Apps.
- On the next screen, click Email.
- Select your email address, and under Advanced Settings, click Server Settings.
- You'll then be brought to your Android's Server Settings screen, where you can access your server information.