Create and share meetings links
Last updated: April 8, 2021
|All products and plans|
Once you have connected your calendar and customized your meetings tool preferences, you can create meetings links to share with your contacts so they can easily book time with you. Booked meetings will sync with your connected Gmail or Office 365 calendar so your appointments will always be up-to-date.
Create meetings links
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Meetings.
- To create a meeting link, in the upper right, click Create meeting link, then select Personal.
- Continue setting up your meeting link following the steps below.
Customize your meetings link details
On the Details page, edit the meetings link's basic information.
- Meeting photo: this photo will display at the top of your meetings link page. Hover over the photo and click Change photo to edit it.
- Meeting owner: if you're a Super Admin, you can also create meeting links for the other users in your account who have connected their calendars. To select another user, click the Meeting owner dropdown menu and select the user’s name.
- Meeting headline: this headline will display next to the meeting photo at the top of your meetings link page.
- Meeting name: the internal name that appears in your meetings dashboard and when you insert the meetings link into an email.
- Meeting link: the link that prospects use to book this meeting. The link can be edited by paid Sales Hub or Service Hub users only. This value is not editable after creation. In order to have a link at a new URL, you will need to create a new link.
- Meeting type (Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise or Service Hub Professional or Enterprise only): choose a meeting type from the dropdown menu.
- Duration: the length of time visitors can book you for when clicking this meetings link. Click + Add duration to add more options.
- When you're done editing your meeting details, click Next.
Customize your meeting configuration
Add a meeting location and customize the invitation that will be sent to attendees.
- Location: include information about how you will connect with your meeting attendee. This can be a call-in link, a physical location, etc. This location will appear in the contact's calendar invite, and the event created on your default personal calendar.
- Add videoconference link: if you're using HubSpot's integration with Zoom or UberConference, select a videoconference link to add to your meeting invite. If you have not set up a videoconference integration, you will not see this option. If you're using a different videoconferencing software, and you're a developer or there's a developer on your team, learn how to use the Video Conference Extension API.
- Invite subject: the calendar invite name, and the name of the event created on your default personal calendar after the meeting is booked (e.g., Product Demo with Lauren). You can insert personalization tokens in the subject by clicking Contact token or Company token.
- Invite description: a description of the meeting that displays when a meeting is booked. This description will appear in the calendar invite your contact receives and the event created on your default personal calendar.
- Language: select a language for your meetings link.
- Date and number format: select a country for your meetings link's date and number styling.
- Email notifications: determine when confirmation emails will be sent to visitors who booked a meeting with you. If you have a paid HubSpot subscription, you can customize the company branding that appears on these emails. The free meetings tool always renders HubSpot's branding on email notifications.
- By default, a confirmation email will be sent when someone books a meeting through this meetings link. To disable the confirmation email, click to toggle the Send confirmation emails to prospects and customers immediately after they book meetings through this link switch off.
- To send reminder emails before a meeting, click to toggle the Send pre-meeting reminder emails to prospects and customers who book meetings through this link switch on.
- To select how many weeks, days, hours, or minutes before the meeting that an email should be sent out, enter a number in the text field, then click the Scheduled reminder email dropdown menu and select a time measure.
- You can add up to three reminder emails. To add additional reminder emails, click Add another reminder. To delete a reminder, click the delete trash can icon.
- To include the invite description in the reminder email, select the Include the Invite Description in reminder checkbox.
- To preview the email your contacts will receive, click Preview reminder email. The language of the email will match the language selected in the Language dropdown menu.
Please note: for Round Robin meetings, the reminder email will be sent from the HubSpot user who has been booked for the meeting with the prospect, not the HubSpot user who created the meetings link.
- When you're done customizing your meeting's configuration, click Next.
Set your availability
Set the days and times that you will accept bookings for this meetings link.
Please note: your meetings link's available times will appear in the contact's time zone settings. For example, if the contact's computer is set to Pacific time, the times will appear in Pacific time. The contact's calendar settings determine the date and time of the calendar event sent to the contact after booking a meeting.
- Time zone: click the Time zone dropdown menu and select a time zone.
- Available times: use the dropdown menus to set the days of the week and duration of your available time slots. Click + Add hours to add additional time slots.
- When a meeting can be scheduled: enter the number of weeks from now that people can book time on your calendar. If you are creating a meetings link for an event or conference, you can specify a custom date range for booking. Select the Over a period of rolling weeks or Custom date range (users with assigned Sales Hub paid seats only) radio button, then select the number of weeks or use the date picker fields to set your time range. A custom date range cannot be longer than 10 weeks.
Minimum notice time: click the dropdown menu to select the minimum amount of time before a meeting that someone can book time with you.
Buffer time: click the dropdown menu to select the amount of buffer time between each of your meetings. The buffer time prevents meetings from being booked too closely together. For example, if you have a meeting from 1:00 - 1:30pm and have a buffer time of 30 minutes, the next available meeting time would be 2:00pm.
Start time increment: set the frequency of your meeting start times. For example, if you are available between 10:00am and 12:00pm for a 60 minute meeting and your start time increment is 15 minutes, a prospect can book 60 minutes with you at 10:00am, 10:15am, 10:30am, and so on.
- When you're done setting your availability, click Next.
Customize your form questions
By default, First Name, Last Name, and Email are required when someone books a meeting with you. Paid Sales Hub or Service Hub users can also add another contact property as a field or add a custom question.
Please note: you cannot add a file upload field to your meetings form.
- Click + Contact property or + Custom question.
- Use the dropdown menu to select a property or enter a question in the field, then click Save.
- To make the field optional, clear the Required checkbox to the right of the field.
- Users with an assigned Sales Hub or Service Hub paid seat can redirect contacts to a specific website page, landing page, or external page after they book a meeting by selecting the Redirect to another page radio button. If you’ve installed ad network pixels, this redirect supports tracking meeting bookings with external networks like Google and Facebook.
- To automatically submit the form when the form fields pre-populate with known data, click to toggle the Auto-submit form when all fields are pre-populated switch on.
- Click Save changes, or customize your Privacy & Consent (GDPR) options for the link:
- If you have GDPR enabled in your account, any meetings links created moving forward will default to GDPR ON. The meetings link will show the default Privacy & Consent text you have set up in your account settings.
- To customize the Privacy and consent (GDPR) options for a link, under your form questions, click Customize.
- You can capture a contact's consent to communicate to a specific subscription type, or capture legitimate interest on your meetings link. In the Customize marketing consent panel, select Consent or Legitimate interest from the dropdown menu.
- Consent: edit the communication consent text, then add additional subscription types/checkboxes to allow visitors to consent to communication from multiple subscription types on a single meetings link. Click + Add another checkbox, then select a consent type and edit the text that will appear next to the checkbox.
- Legitimate interest: select a lawful basis from the dropdown menu. To add more subscription types so you can capture multiple subscription types implicitly, click + Add another subscription, then click the Subscription type dropdown menu and select a subscription type. The default subscription that you select in meetings is "one-on-one" communication. It's an internal subscription type in your HubSpot account.
- Edit the link's privacy and consent text. Any changes made to an individual link's Privacy & Consent options will override the default text set in your account settings. Learn more about customizing your Privacy & Consent options.
- To see how your consent options will render, click the Preview tab.
- When you're done editing your form questions and Privacy & Consent options, click Save changes.
Users with an assigned Sales Hub or Service Hub paid seat can also customize the company logo, company information, and default colors that display on your meetings link in your account settings. Changes made here will also apply to your documents and quotes. Learn how to edit your company branding for HubSpot's sales tools.
You can edit the meeting link details, configuration, availability, and form questions from the meetings dashboard. Users with Super Admin permissions can also edit links for other users in their account by selecting a different user's name from the Owner dropdown menu in the top left. To edit the link, click the meeting link name to open the editor.
Share meeting links
Once you've created a meetings link, you can share it with your contacts or embed it on your website.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Meetings.
- Hover over the meetings link and click Copy link.
Share the link with your contacts by adding it as a hyperlink in the body of your email or email signature. If you want to track your meetings link, learn about adding tracking parameters before you share your link. When a contact books a meeting using a meeting link with tracking parameters, the parameter values will populate the contact's Campaign of last booking in meetings tool, Source of last booking in meetings tool, and Medium of last booking in meetings tool properties.
Depending on your HubSpot subscription, you can embed the meeting widget on your HubSpot pages or your external pages. Learn how to embed the meeting widget.
When a visitor clicks your meetings link, they can select a date, time, and length of time if you've set multiple duration options. They'll then be asked to enter their contact information and answer any custom questions you've added to the meetings link.
Depending on your meeting link settings, the following may occur when a contact books a meeting:
- If a contact has booked a meeting in the past and the Pre-populate fields with known values setting is enabled for the meetings link, HubSpot will recognize the cookie in their browser and the device they were using, and pre-populate the form with information from their contact record that they have previously submitted on that device. The form will also be pre-populated if a known contact uses a meetings link hosted on a custom domain or embedded on your website and the contact previously submitted a marketing form on that same domain.
- If the Auto-submit form when all fields are pre-populated setting is enabled, the form will automatically be submitted with the contact's pre-populated information, unless your meetings link includes custom form questions. Custom form questions will not pre-populate because these responses are not saved to a property.
When a meeting is booked, you'll get an email alert with the booking time and the contact's name. You can click to view the contact in the CRM or view the calendar event in your integrated default personal calendar. The prospect will also receive a calendar invitation with all of the meeting details.
If you're using a Google calendar account with the meetings tool, you can configure your calendar settings to automatically include Google Meet videoconference links.
- Open your Google Calendar.
- In the top right, click the settings settings icon and select Settings.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Event settings.
- Select the Automatically add Google Meet video conferences to events I create checkbox.
Google Meet links will automatically be added to calendar events booked on your connected calendar using the meetings tool. If you turn on this setting in your Google Calendar and have integrated Zoom with HubSpot, a Zoom videoconference link will be included in the calendar event instead of the Google Meet link.
Please note: changes to meeting descriptions on the contact record will only be sent to the contact if you are using Google Calendar and have enabled the Google Calendar two-way integration with
After the meeting takes place, you can assign a meeting outcome to better track your meeting engagements with your contacts.
- Hover over a meeting engagement and click Edit.
- Click the Outcome dropdown menu and select a meeting outcome.
- Click Save.
If you lose access to one of your integrated calendars, contacts will not be able to book meetings with you, even if you have other integrated calendars. You'll receive an email notifying you that someone is trying to book a meeting with you and the calendar that you have lost access to will appear in red on your calendar integrations page.
You can either remove the calendar from your calendar integrations page in your meetings settings by clicking the X beside it, or you can reach out to the person who owns the calendar and ask them to give you access to it again. Once you gain access, revisit this calendar integrations page in your meetings settings and refresh the page.
Transfer meeting links to new owner
There may be instances when a team member is out office, moves to a different team, or leaves the company. If you're a user with Super Admin permissions, you can transfer their meeting link to another owner so contacts can still book time with someone on your team. The new owner must have a connected calendar and an assigned Sales Hub or Service Hub paid seat.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Meetings.
- Hover over the meeting links to transfer and select the checkboxes next to them.
- At the top of the table, click Transfer ownership.
- In the dialog box, click the dropdown menu and select a new owner.
- Click Transfer.
The original meeting link owner will no longer have access to the link once it is transferred.
Schedule a meeting with a contact in a record
Once you've integrated your Google Calendar or Office 365 calendar, you can schedule meetings with contacts...Knowledge Base
Set up the meetings tool
Connect a Google or Office 365 calendar with the meetings tool to set up a booking page for prospects to book...Knowledge Base
Create and use call and meeting types
Create custom types for calls and meetings to have a better understanding of how your sales team is spending...Knowledge Base