HubSpot automatically creates a plain text version of your email to send in the event that we are unable to deliver the rich text version. Your contacts will only receive the version that is compatible with their email settings; this is automatic and cannot be manually set. The majority of email clients default to HTML email.
To customize the plain text version of your email:
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > Email.
- Hover over the email you'd like to customize and click Edit.
- Click the Plain Text tab, then click Edit.
Please note: it is not possible to customize the plain text version of RSS emails.
- Make edits to the plain text version of your email as needed. Please note that the plain text version of your emails will include full links rather than anchor text hyperlinks.
- If at any time you'd like to revert your changes to the plain text version, click Reset from HTML.