Before publishing new blog posts within HubSpot, you'll want to make sure that your general blog settings are configured.
- From your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > Content Settings.
- In the left sidebar, select Marketing > Blog.
- To edit the options for an existing blog, select the appropriate blog from the dropdown menu in the upper-left corner, or click Create new blog to create a new blog.
- Enter the name of your blog into the Blog name field. This is an internal name only, used to segment this particular blog’s performance in the blog’s overview tool.
- If your blog templates use the public title tag in the header, add the title that you'd like to be displayed in your header to the Blog header field.
- Fill out the blog’s Page title field. This is the title that's displayed in the browser tab and search results. We recommend this be no longer than 70 characters.
- Enter the blog’s meta description in the Meta description box. This is the summary that will appear in search engine results for your blog.
- Set up the domain and URL for your blog in the Blog root URL field. Use the dropdown menu to select the domain your blog is hosted on. If you'd like to add a subdirectory (e.g. /blog or /news), enter the desired subdirectory into the field. This URL will be the URL of your blog listing page and the root URL of your blog posts.
- Click Save.
You are now ready to post your first article on the new blog. Navigate to Content > Blog to see the blog page’s main overview. Click on the Create blog post button in the top-right corner to create a new post.