Before publishing new blog posts within HubSpot, you'll want to make sure that your blog settings are configured.
- From your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Content > Content Settings.
- Under Content Optimization System Settings, click Blog > General.
- To edit the options for an existing blog, select the appropriate blog from the dropdown or click Add new blog... to create a new blog.
- Enter the name of your blog into the Blog Name field. This is an internal name only, used to segment this particular blog’s performance in the Blog’s overview tool.
- If your blog templates use the "public title" tag in the header, add the title that you'd like to be displayed in your header to the Blog Header field.
- Fill out the blog’s Page Title field. This is the title that's displayed in the browser tab and search results. We recommend this be no longer than 70 characters and contains at least 1 keyword for SEO purposes.
- Enter the blog’s Meta Description in the Meta Description box. Remember, Meta Descriptions should be less than 140 characters, should be user friendly to read, and should contain at least 1 keyword.
- If you have custom HTML that you’d like applied to the footer or header of your individual articles enter it in the Blog Header HTML and/or Blog Footer HTML fields.
- Scroll down to the Blog Root URL section and ensure that the correct subdomain is selected in the dropdown.
- If you'd like to add a subdirectory (e.g. /blog or /news), enter the desired subdirectory into the field. This URL will be the URL of your blog listing page and the root URL of your blog posts. You can also customize the URL of individual blog posts.
- Click Save changes.
You are now ready to post your first article on the new blog. Navigate to Content > Blog > to see the blog page’s main overview. Click on the Write a Blog Post button on the right-top to create a new post.