At this time, HubSpot will always attempt to send both the HTML and plain text versions of your emails.
The version of the email that the contact will see in their inbox depends on the recipient's email server settings so we recommend optimizing your emails for both HTML and plain text.
Why bother to optimize both the HTML and plain text versions?
- Some email clients and applications can’t handle HTML emails. While it’s not as common as it used to be, some email clients do not support or display HTML properly, in which case, the plain text email will be shown instead.
- A recipient can, by preference, configure their own email client settings to only receive plain text emails.
Use the 'Plain Email' HubSpot-provided templateHubSpot provides a basic template that can be used in instances where you'd like to keep your email as simple in appearance as possible. To get this template, follow the instructions below:
- From your Marketing account, navigate to Content > Email > Create new email > click Example Templates under the HubSpot Templates section.
- Locate (or search for) the template called Plain Email > click on the template thumbnail > click Get this template.
- Now this template will be available to select for use with your emails.
Vote or comment on this feature request to be able to send only a plain text version of an email.